Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'm sorry this is kind of a long post. I think I'm getting a little sister for Princess on thursday. I have been looking for a while and I have fallen in love with a little 14 week old girl. I am so excited! There is only one thing that is worring me a little bit. The reason that I have to wait until thursday is that when the lady I'm getting her from took her stool sample in to the vet and it showed that she had worms. They hadn't made her sick at all but the vet said they could have made her very ill. She isn't acting funny at all. She said she is extremely active and at times a bit of a handful. :lol: So now she is on wormer and also she is being very picky about what she will eat. Maybe due to the wormer? Apparently she is only eating the first dinner out of each of her canned foods and then refuses to eat the leftovers. So she wants to keep her with them till she is off her wormer. I feel good about the fact that the person I'm getting her from is so responsible. She even does a home inspection to make sure the puppies are going to a good home! Also the puppy is registered with the AKC as are her parents.
So I have two questions. The first being she looks very healthy and well formed but she is 14 weeks old and just barely weighs 1 pound. According to the Chihuahua growth charts I've looked up her estimated adult weight is 2 pounds? Do you think thats right or could her growth be temperarily stunted due to the worms? The second questions being how do I go about looking up her parents through the AKC site?
Thank you so much for your input!
p.s. i couldn't shrink her pics down small enough to make attachments so i made a quick page on dogster, here is the link www.dogster.com/?144739 :wave: :wave:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
She is cute.

I think she will start growing good after she gets all those nasty worms out of her...

I am glad the breeder is so good wwith her and wants to make sure she is taken care of before coming home with you...

As far as her not eating the food after the can is open... I would start feeding her dry food moistened with water.... Then it is alwasy fresh... It worked good for Gadget.

Good luck and God bless

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Gadget's Mom said:
She is cute.

I think she will start growing good after she gets all those nasty worms out of her...

I am glad the breeder is so good wwith her and wants to make sure she is taken care of before coming home with you...

As far as her not eating the food after the can is open... I would start feeding her dry food moistened with water.... Then it is alwasy fresh... It worked good for Gadget.

Good luck and God bless
yeah i agree, as soon as we got chiwi's coccidea taken care of she started eating a little better, and gaining weight a lot better.

maybe if the rest of the can is heated up a little it will be more appealing and fresher?

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Ah she is a doll . Auggie gets wet and dry mixed but when the can has been in the fridge because it was open I nuke it for 5 secs just so it is not so cold :lol:

·
Registered
518 Posts
princess's momma said:
? The second questions being how do I go about looking up her parents through the AKC site?
Thank you so much for your input! :wave: :wave:
I don't think this is possible, but if it is, I'd love to know how too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
update :eek:)

Thank you so much for all of your well wishes and advice! She is eating Royal Canin (sp?) wet food mixed with boiled chicken. :lol: And I also have gotten pictures of her parents from the breeder because I couldn't figure out a way to get any info from the AKC site . I'm keeping a photo bucket page with all of the pics I have of her so far, the first two on the page are pics of her dad and her mom respectively. My absolute favorite is the one of her running outside! She looks so happy. Here is a link to her page-

http://photobucket.com/albums/y197/misszora/

hopefully the link works, thanks again! :wave:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your concern, but in the pic she is running around in her breeders back yard. I think that it is ok as long as all of her pups are up to date on their shots. We live in a condo and we don't have a private yard so I didn't let my little girl Princess run around outside till she was 5 or 6 months old. Well after she was done with her shots just because I was scared. Thanks though :wave:

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
She is just a little doll! I personally have found the weight charts to be way off. Just my opinion. I fed Chloe "Eukanuba Puppy Weaning dry Food" untill she was 6months. It is ground up as fine as "cornmeal" she litterally thrived on it. I moistened it with warm water and a little canned Pedigree and she loved it. She did not even reach one pound untill she was just over 5months. It is very hard to find though.....

sandra

1 - 12 of 12 Posts