Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been really interested in the raw food diets out there for the last year.I went to wal mart today and couldnt even tell ham from beef to turkey to chicken!!!!!!seriously it was so discouraging I didn't buy any meats for my dog :(I have been vegetarian for 14 year!!my whole life..Ive even looked up on ways to turn your dog into a vegetarian (NEVER TRIED IT)I do believe they need meat to live as they do in the wild...anyway so im totally in the dark here?I have read many articles online about raw food but they all differ so much???One site had a person finding fresh ROAD KILL to feed their dog which id NEVER DO sorry not to offend or anything but i just cant.I also don't feel my dog can handle BONES non cooked or not...My dogs are 6 years and ones 10 years both are rescues and have horrible teeth and are MISSING some teeth :( ..They are eating strait dry food right now with no problems Very healthy and happy. poop twice a day...get bottle not tap water have soft coats..VET says they are healthy and happy ,But there teeth are only going to get worse :( meaning i will probably most likely have to give them a softer diet.Ive only seen one dog eat hard food with no teeth and it was a pit-bull on tv:(ok so here are y concerns
*Can they really eat raw with missing teeth problems?

*how many times will they have to poop?how soft will it make there poops?my dogs are on a great schedule and NEVER use the house seriously.They both together have pooped or pee'd 4 times in the house since i have had them for the last few YEARS and those times were due to upset tummies..

*which meats are safe?

*where to buy these meats?I do not prefer to order online meats?I do shop at WAL MART allot and would be VERY convenient for me

*do i need to buy vitamins to mix in there meats?

*will they gain weight?

*do i start by mixing the meats with the hard food they already eat or rice or something?

*do they need vegetables?which ones in there meaty raw diet?

*will it make them sick?

*how long do i leave there food out?right now they have a full bowl of dry food all day and are used to snacking on it whenever they please..
those are primary my concerns :D

So tonight at wal mart i almost picked up some chicken breast boneless 8 for 4.99 with the thought of chopping it up small very small for my doggies and feeding it to them raw.they both are small my chi is 4 pounds and my chi/french-bulldog mix is 12 pounds so it woulnt take much to fill them up?but i figured id research even more before making the jump and risking getting my babies sick.I also saw some beef hamburger meat in a long sausage looking package for 2.99 and thought that be really cheep actually but is it safe?Its just like beef shredded hamburger meat u get in the square cellophane warped around it?How do i prepare it?just a small handful each?what do i add to it?? Ive seen videos of people just feeding there pack of dogs a cow carcass they butchered on the grass.with its fur, legs ,hooves and head EVERYTHING attached but gutted with some meat taken off it!!nothing wrong with it in my eyes as wild dogs eat like this in the wild but my babies r highly domesticated they watch tv with me even! AM i putting to much thought into this..
Any help and opinion is helpful i seriously don't know anything about meat :/

obviously there is many ways but basically i want to buy the meats at a grocery store or maybe a meat market in a simi-cheep kinda way.but don't know how to prepare them and what stuff to add to the meal vitamins veggies ?

Thank you
Toni <3

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This you-tube video shows a women making homemade dog food with apples??Expert: Elise McMahon
Bio: Elise McMahon has a Ph.D. in animal behavior, and has been working with both domestic and wild dogs since the early 1990s.
Filmmaker: Christian Munoz-Donoso.Dogs can eat apples?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts