Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How teeny was Jade as a puppy since she's so teeny tiny now. So I pulled out a few pics of her as a puppy.

This is her at 3 1/2 months old.

Her breeder holding her in her palm.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boy she is tiny! But just adorable!!!! My bailey is 3-1/2 months now and is already 5lbs .. Not so tiny! But she is a sweetie :)
Thank you so much!! She's a real sweetheart! I had 2 vets tell me that most likely she had something wrong with her that was keeping her from growing. She steadily gained from the day I brought her home. Just on a smaller scale than what most vets are used to seeing. I finally found a wonderful vet and he did blood work and scans and said although she's the smallest full grown Chi he's seen in his career that she has no health issues that he can find. We call her our little miracle baby. :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aww baby Jade was adorable. How big did you expect her to end up? Were you surprised that she stayed so small?
Thank you, Stella!

Her Mom was about 5 lbs. Her breeder never used any bitch under that size for breeding. She said she tried to breed one of her 4.5 lb. bitches years ago, she carried 2 pups, 1 died, and she almost lost Mom too. She said she'd never do it again. Lesson learned. Jade's Dad weighed about 4 lbs. There were 2 pups in the litter. Jade and her brother. Her brother wasn't much bigger than her. She said most of the pups that came from that pair usually topped out around 4 lbs. Dads size. Occasionally a pup would be Mom's size. She knew Jade would be tiny. She estimated 3 lbs. She doesn't use charts. None of the breeders I know use them. They are more a novelty than anything. Jade weighed 12 oz. at 13 weeks old. Even though she gained on a small scale, she gained every week. The first 2 vets I took her to didn't give me much hope on her, even though they couldn't find a thing wrong with her. They said they felt like something would surface within the first year, if not sooner that would explain her being so teeny. I finally found a vet that was willing to do further testing and scans. He didn't find anything wrong, and gave her a clean bill of health. She's over 4 years old and although super teeny, she still has no signs of any illness. In the beginning I thought she might hit 3 lbs. But she continued to gain at the same slow pace. I've had her up to 2.2 lbs., but she was looking "full" through her mid section. So I keep her at 2 lbs. She's truly amazing. I feel very blessed that she has done so well. Just her adult size in general is rare, but to be healthy too is unbelievable. She's definitely a trooper. :) xxx

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
Well you know how much I adore little Miss Jade. Funny thing is I always liked her, even before I knew how tiny she is. I would still love her if she were 10lbs! I just adore her face, expression and colouring.
She is a tiny miracle though, a very special girl.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well you know how much I adore little Miss Jade. Funny thing is I always liked her, even before I knew how tiny she is. I would still love her if she were 10lbs! I just adore her face, expression and colouring.
She is a tiny miracle though, a very special girl.
Thank you so much for your kind words, Stella! She's a beautiful little girl. She's got a great personality. Feisty, but very lovable and sweet!

She really is a little miracle. And such a blessing to me and the family. The Wee's make every day a brighter day. :) xxx

1 - 20 of 31 Posts