Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
She's adorable! But please please dont buy a puppy from eBay advertised as super small, t cup etc. She actually looks like an average sized girl for 18 weeks to me, not extra tiny. She's a lovely looking girl, but clearly is coming from an unscrupulous breeder. I'd stay away.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She's adorable! But please please dont buy a puppy from eBay advertised as super small, t cup etc. She actually looks like an average sized girl for 18 weeks to me, not extra tiny. She's a lovely looking girl, but clearly is coming from an unscrupulous breeder. I'd stay away.
Yea, thats what I thought too when I was comparing the hand, idk, she sooooooo cute!!! ive been looking for a long hair, f, blk&tan chi. but I dont know or have a good breeder around at atleast 100 miles. :foxes15:

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I know that we all shouldn't back from backyard breeders, but should the puppy suffer? It didn't choose to be bred by this person. I wish people would stop breeding these beautiful babies just for money :(

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
She is sweet and that is not unreasonable for an AKC registered dog. Ruby's breeder's dogs range from $500-$3,500.

The red flag that I see is that it makes no sense (it is not true) that due to size you would not get her registration. I got it on all of mine.

A good and reputable breeder will offer a registrable dog with AKC LIMITED registration which means (in my case, Ruby has this) that dog cannot have pups registered with AKC. The dog should also come with a spay/neuter contract.

My other 2 came with FULL AKC registration which was WRONG!! It tells me that their breeders were not as educated/reputable as Ruby's. Heaven forbid had Hope and Eden ended up in the hands of someone who thought it would be "fun" or "cute" to breed them!! They are too small and due to flaws should not be bred. Because I could did not mean I should as I like to say.

The first question (tell them your "Aunt Karen" said to ask) I would ask is why you would not be given Limited AKC registration. If they will not or cannot answer, you are paying a premium for a non-registered dog. I have NOTHING against registered dogs, you just could get a LOVELY unregistered dog for less.

·
Registered
282 Posts
That is expensive, 1000$. I was in the Domincan Rep. last summer and a lady on the flight home had a pure bred chi...she paid $90 for her.
sorry to say this about our Dominican republic brothers, but american money there its invaluable, they can eat a whole week with $5, so $90 its like $170 for them

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is expensive, 1000$. I was in the Domincan Rep. last summer and a lady on the flight home had a pure bred chi...she paid $90 for her.
WOW!!! T_T lucky lady...no matter how hard i look...they are expensive...and i cant find my dream chi...T_T :crybaby:

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Just for reference (and because I am an open book when it comes to helping if I can!)-
My girls (now bear in mind they were sold as pets so their price is reflective) all have AKC registration and were each $500.
They are perfect pets but are not breeding nor show quality. I cannot remember if that is of interest to you. If so, I'd guess that you could expect to pay $1,000 and up (way up).
Also know that I am in the Midwest and your area and others can command a higher price that what I paid.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Are you willing to fly a dog to you? I could PM you with links to 2 reputable breeder's websites who have dogs in the price range of my dogs but they are not west coast.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Ummm size doesn't matter with AKC papers, it means the breeder can't register her because his dogs aren't really registered. Everything about this screams bad bad bad. Bijoux was 1000$ but she came from a proper breeder with a health guarantee and because of her colouring she couldn't be registered so she was actually 200$ cheaper.

That is what proper breeders do. Tinies also have a lot of health problems. This listing has red flags everywhere. I'd advise you to stay away

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are you willing to fly a dog to you? I could PM you with links to 2 reputable breeder's websites who have dogs in the price range of my dogs but they are not west coast.
sure why not. any reference or suggestions is beneficial, thank you! and no, I just want a companion and little sister for tiny. I just want a cute blk&tan tri-color female chi smaller than tiny (5pounds). I like variety.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ummm size doesn't matter with AKC papers, it means the breeder can't register her because his dogs aren't really registered. Everything about this screams bad bad bad. Bijoux was 1000$ but she came from a proper breeder with a health guarantee and because of her colouring she couldn't be registered so she was actually 200$ cheaper.

That is what proper breeders do. Tinies also have a lot of health problems. This listing has red flags everywhere. I'd advise you to stay away
yea! thats what i thought too! thanks guys!!! ugggh! im very "cute chi" blind. it does make sense now. (sigh) my journey again starts, thank you!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
ugggh! im very "cute chi" blind.
We all (okay many of us, okay I AM!) have had this happen. I just mentioned that in another post last week! Unfortunately, emotions can lead us to make unwise decisions.

Good that you are being responsible and reasonable!!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We all (okay many of us, okay I AM!) have had this happen. I just mentioned that in another post last week! Unfortunately, emotions can lead us to make unwise decisions.

Good that you are being responsible and reasonable!!
yup! thats why I decided to get your guys opinion too. and to have your guy's clear eyes to help my cute chi blinded eyes to see, lol!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts