Chihuahua People Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
I used to have a toy poodle and that was exactly how I trained her, but even though she was little, she wasn't THIS little, so training to a puppy pad wasn't even in the equation with her, I automatically took her outside.

I just took Peanut outside with me to see what his reaction would be and he was scared to death. It is freezing cold out there right now, and I guess b/c he's never been outside it was like he didn't know what to do. I took him outside b/c this happened......

I gave him his mid-day feeding and he immediately went and guzzled EVERY DROP of water in his water bowl. I turned my head for about 2 minutes and when I looked back, there was a huge puddle in the floor where he had peed every bit of it out. So I put him in the carrier while I cleaned the mess up, then let him back out when I'd finished cleaning. He jumped on top of the carrier (something new he started doing a couple of days ago) and proceed to PEE ON IT!! On top of the pet carrier!!!! He's *never* done that before.

I'm beyond frustrated at this point. And I know my anger and frustration isn't helping, but it is really hard for me to remain calm when he does this all day every day. And it's beginning to get worse. :((
aww please don't get upset. keep putting him out, he'll get used to it. One of mine is 14 and he hates the cold but he still goes out. He just knows now to get it done right away and get in out the cold lol.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
oh just read your other post, you poor thing i think id cry if that helps.. only give him a small amount of water at a time... take him out every hour on the hour during the day first of all.. put his pad outside aswell til he's use to it too!!! good luck

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Is he drinking and urinating more than usual? If so then this may be a UTI or other medical issue. I would take him to the vet and rule that out first. It may take some time as he wasnt trained to being outside in the beginning so that is a new scary enviroment for him...ease him into it ;-)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
He seems to drink a lot. I know he drinks more than he eats. If I would sit a bowl full of water before him, I'm sure he would stand there and drink it all at once.

We had a better today, until this evening. He's peed on the floor 2 times in about an hour or so. But still, that's better than it's been. If I don't sit right on top of him, he just seems to not want to pee on the puppy pad, but he'll poop on it. I don't get that at all. Oh well. ;)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.