Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No not the chis - my OH :coolwink:

He has always grown up with small dogs around but these are both mine & his first chihuahuas and we are both in love with the breed. (Although he still argues that Bell is much more Mini Foxy natured - Yeah Right! :rolleyes:)

After reading all your lovely comments on my Introducing Pebbles thread he asked me "Why don't we get Mr Darcy too?". Danae (our oldest daughter) may have a bit to do with this as she has a great habit of twisting Daddy around her little finger.....

Now I initially used my head & said no, it would be impractical and think of the expense, but now I keep thinking about it too. I also worry, what if Holly does come home? Could I handle 5? What will other people (mainly my Dad) think, when they think we are already crazy having more than 2 dogs?

While I would LOVE to have him I think I am doing the right thing saying no.... Why do they do this to me?

OK, just had to get that out to clear my head, thanks for "listening" :D

Edited to add - I think OH misses Holly more than I realised, he told me the other night that he misses their special morning time when she used to get up with him at 5am & keep him company while he got ready for work :(

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Nope, not crazy...LOL You know we're going to say go for it..but do what you think is right....six is still easy...LOL

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
You have come to the wrong place to be talked out of it, you know!! He is a darling, so why not?? Mine were no harder to train together than one was alone, by the way. See-I warned you!! haha!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Haha my friend has 10 chi's and a pom. or is it 11 and a pom. I dunno, but she loves it. She wouldn't trade them for anything, even though the pom is dumber then a bag of bricks. ( sweet sweet sweet boy just slow) I love going over her house, its fun. she gets overwhelmed sometimes but the good times far outweigh those! so 5 is manageable i think ;)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I have 5 at the moment. Honestly I don't think it's any different than having 2 or 3... they're really a very tightly knit pack. The only difference is more lumps under the covers at night to try maneuvering around and more raw meat in the freezer lol.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK - so probably not the best place to ask this question :p but I figured no one else would really understand lol!

Still not sure what we're going to do. We have until Saturday to decide before they are made available to other families. DH said he is also happy to get number 4 in a couple of months if we decide not to take this little guy.

I think the biggest worry is the initial outlay, although they are going to give us a discount on the 2....... Trying so hard to think with my head & not my heart :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts