Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
She's very pretty but the ad says she's only 1/2 pound? She looks at least 2 lbs to me. Are they serious or is that a typo?

That is a lot of money to spend on a pup... that's over $1500 USD! :shock: :shock: :shock: I only paid $250 (about 140 UK) for Cooper. I could get 6 of him for that kind of money! Ack.. the thought of 6 Coopers running around makes me dizzy. :lol: :lol:

Do y'all use escrow services over in the UK a lot? Over here, if someone contacts you and wants to buy something using escrow, it's usually a guy in the UK, pulling a scam and trying to steal money from us poor Yanks over here. I noticed they requested an escrow service which is why I am asking.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
aw thanx everyone!!! im going to ask about the price because i do think it's abit too much lol! what price do you advise?

Kat x x x

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I have never heard of the escrow thing either.

I think for a 6month old bitch, a reasonable price would be £350-£500. I can't remember, but does it say if she's KC Reg'd? If she's not registered and doesn't at least come with 5-generation pedigree papers, you should definitely try to lower the price.

£750 is a lot for even a young puppy, with a young pup you can basically train it to fit in with your lifestyle but with an older dog that's already trained (or not) to live with that owner, they can sometimes be problematic.

If you contact the person, you should ask about KC papers or 5-gen papers, and also about how well trained the dog is.
Try and find out as much as possible, it's unlikely she'll lower the price a lot but you can try :)

I think it's quite mean of people to ask a lot of money for an older dog, they've already had the most influencial period of the dogs young life, it's the dogs life that's being disrupted and it often seems they want maximum profit over a good home. :(

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
awwww she is adorable i think the price is ok compared to what they are going for these days if you dont snap her up for that price some1 else prob will iv seen them for 1200 with no papers if she is perfect for you and exactly what you want then i say go get her

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Yeah I agree with Chi-lady, I've seen them for a lot higher too and if you can afford that price and you really want her, then grab her now while you can.

I'd definitely find out how trained she is though, so you know how easy she will adapt to living with you and how easy it'll be for you and your family :)

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
definatly find out her registration and pedigree...i think the size is a typo she looks more like 2lbs to me, so id say 3 1/2 lbs full grown (chis DONT stop growing at 6months old it just slows down. (shell be about full size by a year old) vixie whent from 3 1/2 lbs at 5months to 5 lbs total at a year.
i didnt get vixie till she was 6 months and she settled in right quick, shed never had nay potty training or anything whne i got her but learnt VERY quickly.
750 is ALOT for an older puppy especially without any kind of breeding rights could it be that shes asking more because the pup is a small one?
id proly say 350-500 tops for her
and just because you have the money doesnt mean you should spend it wihtout doing some work first. because by spending that money if its an unethical breeder breeding for profit you are just supporting the practice. so be carefull.
ask lots of questions, a good breeder will be happy to answer them all as it shows your trying to offere the best home for their baby...if they just blow your questions off, think twice. if they dont seem to care where the puppy ends up it would sned an alarm screaming.

however she is beautiful and i do wish you luck...im kind of partial to the long haired myself lol.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey everyone thanx for the advice! and everything! im really nervous phoneing aghhhh! im off to ring!
:roll: :lol:

Luv Kat x x x

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I know that feeling well, I always got nervous before calling up breeders. I must've phoned about twenty before I got my breeder!
One lady I phoned was so rude to me, it put me off calling numbers for about a week :roll:

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

:)

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Wow, she is gorgeous!!! She looks so small, but I think 1/2 lb might be a typo :) She is absolutely stunning though! What a sweet face! :D I hope it all works out for you! :wave:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts