Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been staying on Brock and Ava on taking them outside, morning, after meals, as soon as I get home, before putting in crate and after, watching for signs, and this evening they keep going to the door and whining. I take them out and they potty. Of course they are still having accidents but it's less and less. Keeping fingers crossed that it keeps on. I was excited and proud of my babies!

·
Registered
530 Posts
It sounds like they made tons of progress! I remember it took forever for Cuddles to even go to the door when she has to go. Most of the time, now, she just looks at me till I figure out what she wants. I usually have to ask her if she wants food, outside, or water lol. Whatever she starts dancing around for is what she wants.
If she's up in our room, though, she'll stand by the door and occasionally whines if we don't notice her.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I was shocked. I think the treat helps. They LOVE what I give them. They jump when weeing bottle. I am trying but see the difference! (BTW It is wearing me out hahaha)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Lucky, mine still doesn't make a peep and she goes to the door for many reasons...hear the neighbors, just to sniff the shoes, or she knows that I will take her out thinking she has to potty but she just wants to sniff everything, try to eat things she shouldn't, and just see if there are people & dogs to go crazy over. But I think the easy walk harness is working, at first i thought it was too big for her (smallest size)...heck...i didn't tighten it up properly. She doesn't really even like walking when she is in it, lol. She still pulls when people or dogs are around...still gotta work on that. But yeah, she still hasn't gotten the "tell me when ya gotta go potty" part...i basically have to guess or assume.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts