Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just seem to be having more bad days than good lately. Hope that comes to an end soon! LOL Anyway, I have noticed a couple of things with Angel this morning.

#1, she has what looks like a dark blood spot on her tummy where her stitches were after her spay. This was done back in May though so why would this come up now? She didn't have any complications at all so I am real confused on that one.

#2, She has this little bump on her back. Can't really get a good look at it but it feels like a little pimple. Could that be all it is?

#3, I noticed a couple of little bald patches around her shoulder blade area. You probably wouldn't notice it unless I pointed it out but I can see it. I can't figure out what that is all about. My first thought was a reaction to her flea treatment. Last application was about 2 weeks ago and it was a little itchy to her at the time but once it dried, she was fine. We use K9 Advantix btw. The skin doesn't appear red or irritated and she isn't scratching at it so I am not sure what the cause is. I haven't changed anything, fed her anything different... She is on Royal Canin mini puppy.

I plan on making a vet appt so that she can be checked out just to be sure but any input you all might have on any of these things would be greatly appreciated. She is 7 (almost 8 ) months old if that helps in any way.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I'm sorry for this rough patch of time you are having. We worry so much about our furbabies, even when nothing is going on, so I know that this all must be worrisome to you. Hopefully you will get in to see the vet tomorrow so that you can put your mind to rest. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you both. Hopefully it all turns out to be nothing. I have an appt for her tomorrow morning. She is sharing an appt with our kitty, Luna actually. Turns out that if you combine appts, they give you a discount. Whee! :)

I need to ask about the K9 Advantix too because while it has worked fabulously for us, I am concerned about Luna getting it on her. I hear it is quite dangerous to cats so I will be asking about that and switching to something else if necessary. Angel isn't outside all that much anyway so I don't worry that much about anything other than fleas.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I need to call my vet and ask if my guys can share appointments! But, then again, I couldn't control OmaKitty from her rampage of terror while letting Cooper run around and dance happily around his favorite vet techs. I'm sure I'd be on a bridge after the appointment was over with... either throwing Oma and Cooper over or just jumping off myself. LOL

<sigh> they're like night and day, these two.

Darn it... I had to come back and edit because I forgot to say I hope everything is figured out at the vet's office!!! Sheesh... I might be throwing myself off that bridge sooner than I thought! LOL

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL I'm not far from that bridge myself these days! :D

Thanks. I'm sure everything will be fine... just need to get things checked out so I can stop worrying about it.

I will be taking along reinforcements to the vet in the morning. I only have one carrier right now so Luna will be in there held by my husband and I will be holding Angel in my arms and on leash (just in case). Hopefully both of them will do their best not to make me completely crazy. LOL

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I don't have a clue about any of those things other than i would suspect the flea stuff has something to do with the thin hair. As for the others i don't know. The place on her tummy...maybe she got it pinched somehow while playing. I'm glad your taking her in to see the vet though.. cuz now i have to worry about my little grand doggie until i hear that she's ok!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's how I am... I will worry myself sick about nothing until the vet says she's fine. I plan on getting Frontline or Advantage (whichever the vet recommends). I hear Advantix is very dangerous to cats and the amount of contact that those two have, I don't want to worry about Luna getting it on her. What really frustrates me is I just bought a 4 month supply of it and now can't use it. Maybe I can sell it on eBay or something? I know I have seen it on there before. I feel weird about it though. LOL Brand new box though and never been opened. *shrug*

I will let you know what's going on as soon as I get back from the vet. Promise. :)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
chimommy said:
What really frustrates me is I just bought a 4 month supply of it and now can't use it. Maybe I can sell it on eBay or something? I know I have seen it on there before. I feel weird about it though. LOL Brand new box though and never been opened. *shrug*:)
My vet's office will buy back unopened flea and/or heartworm control meds if I decide not to use them. Where did you purchase it? You should be able to get a refund or at least store credit for it.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Angel is fine. Doc said the spot appears to be an irritated hair folical but is in the healing stage. The pimple type thing on her back is gone but now looks like the spot on her tummy and he said it was the same thing. Healing. So I guess that is good.

As for the flea stuff... they agreed that Advantix is a bad idea since we have a cat now and besides that, they no longer carry it because of the health concerns it has posed. So Angel is now going to be on Advantage. :)

In addition to that, Luna got her vaccinations so both are good for another year. Both of them checked out perfectly and that makes me quite happy. :) Angel weighed in at 7 pounds and Luna 4.3 pounds. I keep telling Angel to make sure she gets Luna trained now before Luna gets bigger than her. LOL!!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
7 POUNDS??? OMG my little grand doggie is all grown up and i missed the whole thing! :cry: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! :cry: Ok,,,but you can make it up to me by sending me a really good picture of her that i can hang it on the wall.... :)

It's hard to believe with all my chis, but i have never had fleas around here. Rarely has a flea ever been bold enough to come to this house and when one has, we eliminated it before it had a chance to tell it's friends about the chi-fest dwelling in this house. :lol: :lol: So i've never put flea stuff on my dogs but i do keep some spray stuff around just in case and i bought some "baby powder smelling" dog shampoo with flea killer stuff in it awhile back. When Hollie was a puppy, Ami put some kind of flea stuff on her that you put on the shoulders and it almost killed her, so i'm skeert of the stuff. :lol:

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My mind is definitely at ease. Makes me feel so much better when a vet tells me all is fine... even if I already know deep down. LOL

Cindie, that is so scary about Hollie! I wonder what the stuff was. I have only had one dog that I ever had flea problems with.. all the others never had any. I will see what I can do on that picture for ya. :wink:

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Nabi. :)

Ami!! So good to see you here!!! Will do on the pic. :wink: I only have one right now that is good enough quality to print in an 8x10 size but I keep trying to get more. LOL I have an 8x10 of this one on my wall and it turned out really nice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.