Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hmmph. I was at my mother in law's house today and she was babysitting my sister in law's 2 poodles. Holly is 9 and just barks at you, but is friendly enough. She's pretty unsocialized and barky barky. But ok. THe new puppy who is young at about 4 months now is the most stand-offish puppy I've ever seen. Hyper thing too. Runs up to you, does circles, barks at you once she's retreated behind the couch and won't come to you at all. Maybe I am used to my chihuahuas because I am used to dogs; especially puppies coming up to me. This one was cute, but just so unfriendly and skittish. I don't think they socialize her at all. They live out of the city a bit and I think she only is home with no kids around or at my mother in laws when they travel. That's it. Even Bruiser will wag his tail and likes to be pet. He'll bark when he is at home and a stranger comes in, but will still want to be pet by them. haha
And they say chis are so unfriendly. Hmph. I can't imagine having a dog like this one.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
trisha i wish mine were sometimes, anyone that comes in straight on the lap, especially if its female, bianca not so hot on men!!! but will do anything for a pet

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Lily loves you when she knows you her best ever friend is my daughter you only have to mention her name and she sits by the door wagging her tail thinking she's coming ,Dottie loves everybody and everything,simba is too old and couln't give a damn he just goes to sleep,so they're all different,but no that dog should get out more

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lily loves you when she knows you her best ever friend is my daughter you only have to mention her name and she sits by the door wagging her tail thinking she's coming ,Dottie loves everybody and everything,simba is too old and couln't give a damn he just goes to sleep,so they're all different,but no that dog should get out more
See that's what I think too. These people are very persnickity and have everything just so. They are old before their time and don't really like having kids around (even though they have two kids who are 21 and 24). It's all about parties, social life and climbing for them. So I'm not surprised that their dog is like this. But I am going to call her and see if she wants to bring Grace over to play.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Zoey loves everybody that comes over as well and will not stay out of their lap. I have to warn them thet they will have a friend

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Honey is the same as Zoey!!
It actually becomes annoying
When we get visitors she will
Be all over them "pick me up"
Most will give her a pat then
Put her down but she will keep
Harassing them until I tell her
No!!!
Izzabella is not as bad but she is
Still young and I already see her
Trying to copy honey and acting
Like she is attention starved!!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Brody just brings them a ball and then stares at them. ha.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Brody just brings them a ball and then stares at them. ha.
Imagine that! They should feel blessed to be deemed 'ball worthy' by little Brody!

Gracie isn't stand-offish at all. In fact, she is just the opposite, and could be quite the nuisance if all my friends and family weren't animal nuts like us. She will jump straight up in anyone's lap and lick them right in the face, if they aren't quick enough to stop her. She's so forward about it and so comical that no one has ever complained.

Pedro will go straight to any female that walks in the door, but has to be around men before he will go to them, usually over a period of several visits adding up to many hours. He doesn't make a pest out of himself with anyone, though. He's very independent.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
LMAO @ Brody He just loves his ball huh? lol It's so amazing he wants everybody to have a play with it! Too cute!

Shayley loves everybody. She will just kiss you and snuggle, lay her head on their chest whens he comes over. She just wants to be love and give them love back. Kizzie loves everybody BUT she has to warm up to you. For some reason she is scared of "certain" people, she is scared of my family who has dogs but then she warms up and she's ok it's really funny with her. Other wise she seems to love everybody as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts