Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After happily accepting the position for my new job I was called today by the lady and told they decided to open the learning center next year due to funds and that "She was truly sorry for any inconvenience"

:cry:

I'm just stunned....why can't I get a freakin break???

On the bright side I managed to pull myself together and made some chocolate chip cookies and tried to write a paper for my education course (I'm half started...LMAO!!) and I cooked a nice dinner for hubby trying to get my mind off of this negativity...

I applied to 3 different middle schools and one private school...so maybe, hopefully somebody wants me to teach at their school...

what a friggin year I been having...GEEEEEEEESHHHHHHH!!!

Back to square one.... :(

·
Registered
127 Posts
That sucks.

Sorry if that wasn't the best choice of words but really. Seems like they should have checked the funds before they went offering jobs.

Best of luck to you though. I am going to school to be a teacher and according to all the recent grads it is darn near impossible to find a teaching gig in Michigan right now. There was even an article in a few papers. I wonder if it's like that for the rest of the country.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In Palm Beach County which is the 9th largest school district in the United States...

It is nearly impossible to find a job...LOL...

All the negatives are stacked against us, Unions aren't worth crap here, all they can offer is advice, you even have to get your own lawyer

There is no Tenure in the state of florida

You can get fired at any time, without an explanation.

If your lucky to land a job, note all of the above, and add to that, a contract is for 3 years, you can get fired any time...you can work at a school for 9 years and be let go without an explanation.

Ridiculous huh? and the pay start at $34,000

So is it that bad in Michigan?

I totally hate this state, it really sucks, especially the more city/urban you get...

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rachael Polachek said:
Awww sweetie, that totally bites. Hey, another one will come along for you, I just know it! Keep your chin up. You seem to have a good attitude, in spite of yet another setback. I'm pulling for ya. :)
Thanks hunny bunny!! I'm trying to stay positive...

Gizmo is wearing me out tonight...this lil boy has so much energy....!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
What a bummer! Sounds as though they didn't have their act together anyway-seems to me the powers that be should have been more aware of the financial situation before they started interviewing and hiring people.

I agree - Florida is not on my choice of top places to live, and if all my children and grandchildren weren't here, I would so be gone in a heartbeat.

Glad you have Giz to keep you busy and take your mind off your problems.

·
Registered
127 Posts
That's a great question. I don't know but I know that Michigan State has one of the top teaching programs in the country and the grads can't get jobs. I also know that Michigan is an at-will state so any employer can fire you at any time for any reason.

I am sorry about your situation though. But I know something better will come along. It always does.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh sure KB mama!!! My cookies came out awesome...really buttery tasting...yumm yummm...(just what I need more pounds..lol)

I'm going to a no kill animal shelter tommorrow as their hiring...so we'll see...

I was so excited about that darn job, I was going to have a nice salary again intead of this hourly crap...

Theirs also substitute teaching but I dunno yet...that's lassssst resort as those kids can be real terrors to subs...LOL...

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Thats a real nuisance about the job, I really hope something else comes along for you....fingers crossed.In the meantime, your husband gets to taste the goodies you bake.... :D

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
SunnyFLMum said:
I'm going to a no kill animal shelter tommorrow as their hiring...so we'll see...
that will be rewarding and who knows it may lead to another job!! I will PM you my addy for that cookie :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts