Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both of my dogs are spayed/neutered so I can't show them, but I have always wondered if Lion might have done well in the show ring. I know Penny is pretty far out of standard.. She has a long back, a longer nose, and her head is not as domed as it should be. I am not sure how well Lion conforms to the standard. I tried (and failed) to take some good photos of Lion, so here are the best I have.

Can those with showing experience just give me an idea of how close Lion is to the chihuahua standard? Sorry the photos are not that great.

A profile shot:

An older one that shows his face from the front:

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I am not specifically familiar with chi standard; but similar questions get asked on the crested forum I'm on and I have actually taken time to study that. The first thing that people will probably request is a properly stacked photo.. with a camera, it's hard to tell angles and such which is why there's a "proper stance" that makes everything easier to compare. So again, I can't help with the chi specifics but the first thing I'd suggest is learning to stack him properly just for one photo; as that'll make him a lot easier to evaluate properly. =)

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
All I know is that your little Lion is super duper BEAUTIFUL! :D
To me he's perfect! ...unfortunately I can't be much help when it comes to "show", but I just had to compliment your gorgeous boy. :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Beautiful little guy. :)
Love the beautiful furry ears/tail.
Blessings.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Though I don't have showing experience, I do know the Chihuahua standards. It looks like he fits them pretty well. You could show him, I can almost guaruntee.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Amazing little fellow you have over there! I love his gentle expression and his spots. He has a verry carismatic head, nice bright eyes and the ears are good shaped. He misses a bit of hair.. Long coated are supposed to have a whide 'collar' ( same as a lion has) and i think he's a bit skinny at the front. They prefer dogs with a well developt, whide chest. I don't think his back is that long, taco looks similar when he stuffs his tail between his legs. Then the muscles flex downwards instead of up, then the back apears to be way longer then when he's proudly carries his tail.
I like his tiype and hight and i think you woudnt look bad on show with him!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts