Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my best friend called me up about 3 weeks ago telling me how she went to the pet store and bought two feeder mice as pets. she said one's a boy and the oher a girl. i told her she better seperate them or else she's going to wake up and see tons of little baby mice in there. she didn't believe me, saying she hasn't seen them get "intimate" in any way.

well, this morning i get a call at 8:30 from her, and the first words i hear are "OH MY GOD, MY MICE HAD BABIES!!!" She said she had counted at least 8, but thought there were more. She said they're totally hairless and look like little peanuts :lol:

i took the opportunity to happily say "I told ya so." She's just going on and on about how she never even saw the mice do anything. I, being the smart a** i am, told her to flush them down the toilet. (I WAS SOOO KIDDING WITH HER...and she knew i was, and she laughed and said i was mean. i'd never hurt any animal or incinuate that anyone hurt an animal)

So, now she has 2 guinea pigs, and like 12 mice, lol. i told her to open up her own petting zoo and Chico can be the main attraction, lol.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
She needs to do some research on mice and babies... I know with some rodents, the male will actually kill and eat the young.

I would have said "I told you so" too... :lol:

·
Registered
587 Posts
that reminds me of when i was little my sister and i both had hamsters. both we girls so no problems with the babies but suddenly her hamster died. so she got another one and right after we brought him (yes we were told it was a him) home SHE had babies. 8 of them. So we had them in this cage and wehn the babies got big we moved them to a bigger cage that had bigger holes in it. The babies were too big to fit through but some how one of them got loose. i think our kitty ate it for dinner but im not sure. good luck with the babies!

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
tell her that when they get old enough she can return them tot eh petstore for either payment in cash or instore credit.. tha tis what I did when I had mice when I was in the 7th grade...

Amanda did it with her hamsters too... they were cool.. she had earned so much money that she could keep buying tubes and c ages for them and she had a 6 foot wall in our laundry room that was floor to celling shelves of hamster cages.. it was really neat to watch them...

She also learned how to take care of them and how to clean the cages.. even though it was a lot of work she really liked those little critters.. she also had balls for them and we had 3 or 4 hamster balls goign through the house at the same time...

a good way to keep my mother in law away... hehehehehe she hates rotents...

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
She had best be careful as in a few weeks time the babies will mate and they will have babies.Mice breed very quickly! :?

·
Registered
587 Posts
oh my could you imagine what a mess that could be? they would keep going and going and going and pretty soon you'd have hundreds! :p

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i told her to separate the male and female ASAP, but she doesn't have another cage for the male right now, shes getting one tomorrow. she called me tonight and told me the male was already trying to get busy with the female again :lol:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rachael Polachek said:
I don't get it. Just because she never saw the mice "do anything" she assumed they hadn't? Did she think they would stage a little show for her when they decided it was time to mate? This friend isn't smart like you, huh? :lol:
:lol: :lol: i know, i know. i told her that mice are nocturnal and they probably did the deed at night time. she said she is going to bring the babies to the pet shop when they're grown. she's only keeping one, a girl, so keep with her other female so she doesn't get lonely. i don't know if the male gets lonely or not, so i'm not sure if she's keeping a male too.

·
Registered
298 Posts
OMG this has just taken me back to when i was 13..

got 2 girls from the pet shop
days later
9 little hairless pink things all over my bedroom :shock: because they are so tiny they can get out the bars in the cage..dont know how coz there eyes where still closed :?
there could have been more but only found 9!
took them to the pet shop..one turned out to be a boy!
so they took all they babys and the boy and gave me a girl..
went to another pet shop to ask them if they where both girls and they said yes!
days later
went to clean them the cage and there was 11 of them this time :shock:
this time we put a ad in the paper and they all went for free!
and had to keep them apart!

they breed so fast!

this happens to so many people...

they look soo cute when they are babys :)

star x

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
star said:
9 little hairless pink things all over my bedroom :shock: because they are so tiny they can get out the bars in the cage..dont know how coz there eyes where still closed :? star x
........... that happened with 13 baby hamsters i had :shock:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JAYNE said:
i love baby mice they are soooooo cute!! I want one :wave:

Reading thse posts really made me laugh :lol: can you imagine if she endedup with 100's of babies!! lol
:lol: oh jeez! if she ended up with 100's of babies i'd laugh so hard...it would serve her right for not listening to me in the first place about separating them, lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts