·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than:
change in personality
potty issues
irritability

is there any other symptoms of teething? Also what can be the symptoms of coming into heat?

Bindi has been herself but not quite, very mean to Kemo (no wonder they call them B's) not real interested in food.

Today I think she may have had a low blood sugar close call. She was real laid back did not want to play with Kemo then I got her to eat a bit and now they are killing each other :shock:

Kemo has been sniffing her "area" alot too lately so I wasnt sure if heat was coming. I can't tell at all if she has lost teeth or not. They are microscopic to begin with. Her mouth is sooo tiny I am lucky to get my finger in there to swab toothpaste around. She is not one to sit still real long.

So anybody that can list how their chi's acted would relieve me.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I've read that the dog will start licking her vulva frequently and that you will notice increased urination before you will see any actual "show". You sound like you're in the same boat with Bindi as we are with Piper, worried that the first heat will come before she is neutered. Piper is 8 months old and we were ready to go at 6 months, but during our last visit the vet said it was too soon because she is "maturing slowly." We're going back on Monday to check again. I'm nervous, because we're planning on microchipping her and have some extra teeth pulled at the same time. Didn't I read that Bindi is scheduled to be neutered soon?

·
Registered
506 Posts
i remember vixen went a little bit stressy when she was coming into heat. she became a lot more difficult when we went for walks. she was marking everywhere which i thought only boys did!!!

um she went off her food and generally being cheaky!!!

other than that i think she was just a bit hormonal!! poor thing, the thing i noticed most was the marking and wanting to mark every bit of grass and tree!!! i suppose she was advertising herself!!! naughty girl!!

if she saw another dog she was tugging like crazy to go to them. and was getting annoyed at me because i would not let her go say hello
as soon as i realized she was in heat and not just being strange, there was no more walks in the park for her for a few weeks!!!!!!

maybe she just wants some 'her' time cause she feels strange and does not want to deal with kemo!! poor kemo...i think beni would have been very confused if i had him when she was on heat!!!

i remember vixens tiny teeth when she started to loose them, that turned her off her food aswell!!! i have a few which she spat out! soo tiny....cute!!!

:wave:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Owned said:
Didn't I read that Bindi is scheduled to be neutered soon?
yeah I have her bloods to be done on the 25th (her 6 mo mark) and the spay the 15th of April. The vet said I should do it when her (forget which ones) teeth come in but I dont wanna wait, maybe she can tell me whats goin on in her mouth......I am more worried cause she is so tiny. not even 4 lbs i dont think.
If I wait til her teeth then I am afraid she might go into heat....I mean Kemo is 2 and sporting one baby tooth still (he has no adult tooth behind it so we are letting it stay as long as its tight)

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies so far.....I wish I knew. Maybe I can give her some of my PMS pills!! LOL

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Bindi sounds like Gadgets mo when she went into heat.. man she turned into a raging B**** when she was in heat... the heat after she had her babies wasn't as bad... But I think she went into heat very close to having her babies gone.

Good luck with Bindi. hope it is just the teeth..

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
Poco always lets us know when Bella's in heat he drives us all bonkers he won't sleep or eat or anything just has his nose up her rear constantly. She wants nothing to do with him though she tries to rip him a new one it's a constant battle. I guess we'll never get any puppies.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Lola has lost 2 teeth this week. I noticed she did not eat as much and her ears are very floppy. Also when she chews on her Nylabone, I notice that it gets bloody sometimes. Poor lil thing. :(

Signs that your dog is in heat include include vaginal discharge which is clear, bleeding and swelling of the vulva. There is increased restlessness and there may be increased urination.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I havent seen any blood on anything. I tried tonight to get in her mouth and it looks like things may be happening....... :roll: her teeth are so small except for the fang ones..........I guess I will find out next week.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Kemo's mamma said:
I havent seen any blood on anything. I tried tonight to get in her mouth and it looks like things may be happening....... :roll: her teeth are so small except for the fang ones..........I guess I will find out next week.
Her vulva will swell before she starts to bleed, and she my have a slight discharge, yellowish in color. Then you will see he start to spot blood.She will be a real grouch around any male or female snapping and aggressive behavior She cannot get pregnant until about 10 days or so after the bleeding, at this time she will "stand" for the male or female :roll: , arching her back and flipping her tail to one side. And she will get very playful and frisky with the male as if to try to entice him. This is probably more than you wanted to know, but it is good information to have :D

As for the teeth, 9 times out of ten the only teeth that have to be pulled are the Canines which is what you call fangs :wink: All the rest have very small roots and fall out easily when the adult teeth come in. :D

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks KJ.....actually it was Kemo's other teeth that got yanked.....but he is his own entity....

Glad to have the heat info (I want to know it all :D ) I will tuck that in my fading memory bank! :wave:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts