Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh dear I know I said I would not buy anything but I went into pets at home and they were having a sale, I could not help myself, I am going to be good it was only two bits I bought as I thought that Sox might get cold when I take him out near the beach!

This jumper was £2.99 in sale usual price, £9.99

This camo jacket was £5 in sale usual price £14.99
I thought that I did well! I also wanted to buy him his first sleeping teddy! But decided to do that after I pick him up!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Daisy has the coat.. be warned its difficult for them to walk in as is quite stiff.. its unlikely you'll need coats for him in the weather..what most of us do for the teeny pups is put socks on them!

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Wow bargains! Hes going to love the,=m! I try to avoid Petsathomes for the best of times! lmao i dont like their staff, attitude or their animal accodation for the pets ! But thats imo :)

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is only so he will not get cold when I take him out and about! Don't want him catching a cold, I have a jumper for him! xrs liked the jacket and bought it for him! I did think it might be hard work for him to walk in it! But he will not be walking that often in it!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
In this weather he will be fine.. How big is he now?? I got Daisy when we had snow on the ground and she was 1lb 5oz and i put a sock on her and when she wasn't vaccinated she was wrapped in a blanket in my coat. She is now just over 3lbs and in this weather i wouldn't dream of putting anything on her and she runs about so much she's panting i wouldnt' want her to over heat...

Robyn you know my thoughts on pets at home..the people in there suck but the staff are generally nice and love up Daisy all the time! ha

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
The petsathomes near me is no dogs!!! Their staff is unknowledgable and in general they suck :) lol oo and over priced food! Thank the lord for decent pet stores lol

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Wow you did well!!
Great bargains and very cute items!
It's so much fun to shop for the pups, i was ike you and got a load in before they even came home. lol xxx
I havent been in pets at home for a while.
I have a great pet shop near me, although it doesnt sell much in the way of clothing.xx

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is that not what pets at home is all about? Being able to have pets at home! Taking your pets with you! Lets be honest you need to try stuff on your dogs to make sure they fit!
I am unsure of his size at minute! The breeder is going to weigh and measure him sometime over the weekend! I hope to go and visit on monday again!
I must admit the pets at home near us the staff are okay! But the manager he is a right horrid person treats the people like something he has just stepped in!
I have a rule if my dogs can't go in then I don't go in! Honestly don't let dogs in! Who thought that stupid idea up?

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Obviously a stupid manager!!! lol idiots i tell you! Its a new store so i visited it just after it opened with Fifi and man did i get looks .. because of Fifi being a CHihuahua and that she was in their shop! lmao

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
honestly who ever heard of not being able to take your dog into a pet shop! Around here you can take them into all pet shop's! And some shops will let you take them in so long as you can carry them around the store,
I take my dog's with me, When i go to buy harness etc, How would you know if a harness fot's or not! As winnie weighs in at 7 and half kilo's at minute, But if you pick a harness up for her size it would be too big! As she is still thin framed as she was thin when we got her!
Now as for Pickle she is big framed and the one that fit's Winnie is way too small to fit pickle, And Pickle is lighter in weight than winnie but she is more chunker as I call her! Compaired to winnie! Winnie is all legs at minute and pickle seems to be all belly! But vet says iof anything pickle is 3lbs underweight! But this is because she ahd a bad belly bug 4 weeks ago and she would not eat for 4 day's! And she lost weight!
But she has had her weekly treat of one day a week she has chicken with some cooked rice and she eats it!
Winnie prefers beef to chicken.....

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
OMG all pets at home let dogs in as far as i'm aware there are two near me and we're always going in their with dogs

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
great bargains!!

cant believe you cant go in pets at home with your dogs! I have 4 near me and ive been in all of them with 5 dogs!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts