Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Billy was 1.7lbs when I got him. The sellers told me he was 12 weeks, but the vet said he looked younger---maybe as young as 8 weeks. His testicles weren't down yet. I took him back to see the vet several weeks ago, and his testicles had dropped, but he was still only 2 lbs. He's got to be close to 16 weeks now. The sellers said he was born in April. If he's only 2lbs now, the charts say he's only getting to 3.5--4lbs at full weight. Wonder if that's correct? He's growing, but not getting fat at all, just leggy. He's now 7 inches at the shoulder; he was only 5 when we got him. He's also losing his baby coat. He's a black and white long hair, but he's losing the hair now, and growing a little brownish white in on his face. Altogether an awkward look.....how old does he sound to those of you with experience?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Oh boy, what a question...I have a male pup, Riley, that is now 24 weeks/5 months old. He is completely different than the last male pup that I had. I have had Riley since he was 8 weeks. He is now 3lbs, 6 oz
His testicles seemed to drop quite early, by 3 months. I really do not expect him to be a large chi,I hope that he makes 4.5 lbs, he has a finer bone structure. He has his permanent adult coat, not that fuzzy puppy coat, but he is changing color still. From a light fawn, he is now developing a sable streak down his backbone and out his tail. But in the last week his sable is not extending out both front shoulders.
Now the last male that I had-Rustle, was a small pup, but he was too large-7lbs for an AKC male and was too large for my female. His testicles did not drop as early-he was almost 5.5 months before his dropped. And even though he was a very small puppy her did a lot of developing in the 5-7 month period. He had a larger bone structure, longer legs and bigger feet, not those dainty little feet.
Feet can tell alot about the size of the chi..especially as a pup..I don't know if this helps, may add more questions... :? :wink:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts