Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it'd be a good idea for us all to post ideas of how to keep our pups exercised and stimulated on freezing days when it's too cold for them to go out!

It's 2 degrees here today that's the warmest it's been snow is coming and yesterday we did the school run and I took a blanket and the pups were shaking like they were in the antartic it was awful so today were playing a lot of games!!

Fetch
Find the treat under the cups
Let's beat each other up (chis only :roll:)
And I'm gonna given them a bone bigger than them to mentally stimulate them

Any other ideas would be fab

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Kong filled with treats,can't think of anything else at the moment my brain has freezed up after my 20 min walk

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't play tug o war with mine I'm really funny about it I think it's a dominance game and I have to always win so don't do it

Oh tricks are a good idea daisy busts out a bunch of tricks lotus Sits hahahahaha she's so excited about food oh and she does her show stand lol

·
Registered
483 Posts
I don't play tug o war with mine I'm really funny about it I think it's a dominance game and I have to always win so don't do it

Oh tricks are a good idea daisy busts out a bunch of tricks lotus Sits hahahahaha she's so excited about food oh and she does her show stand lol
aww ok roxi loves that game, look online and see what new tricks you can teach them :) id love to get roxi to speak but its hard lol

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
aww ok roxi loves that game, look online and see what new tricks you can teach them :) id love to get roxi to speak but its hard lol
Daisy speaks!! She never use to bark but from about 7 months I found a jingly ball excites her

A good run with the labs!

Mine dont seem to feel the cold when they're charging around the fields :D
Lol lotus sits and shivers she really feels the cold but she's still got bald patches a her coat is only jut coming in

Daisy is ok for a bit then shakes like she's got hypothermia I'm quite hardcore about dogs being walked mine get walked every single day unless it's torrential rain today is the first day they've not gone out they been shaking on toilet breaks!! Urgh gonna strap a hot waterbottle to them and walk them lol

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Mine love me throwng the small tennis balls for them in my big hall.
They get knackered fast with all the running up and down and back into the livingroom with them lol
Dillon is just nuts, he is A black blur, he doesnt even need a toy,all i need to do is a wooshing sound and he flies past me.
I worry when he skids though. HEHE!!

I also play hide the toy, Darla really loves that one!!
I pretend to throw it, then while her back is turned i hide it somewhere and say, where is it? go get it? lol She makes me laugh wandering all round the place trying to find it.
She is so cute when she does too, all smug and trots with it in her mouth. haha!!
Daisy just enjoys running around the hall and into the bedrooms.
But am not leting her do it full throttle just yet after her spay.
Luckily she loves to sit on my lap most of the day.

We do try to get out at least once a day, but just a quick one, and it is starting to get colder now, so it looks like indoor games are the way to go. x

·
Registered
187 Posts
Lol lotus sits and shivers she really feels the cold but she's still got bald patches a her coat is only jut coming in

Daisy is ok for a bit then shakes like she's got hypothermia I'm quite hardcore about dogs being walked mine get walked every single day unless it's torrential rain today is the first day they've not gone out they been shaking on toilet breaks!! Urgh gonna strap a hot waterbottle to them and walk them lol
The girls have coats on if its really cold just so they dont catch a chill, but Logan's a proper man, he doesnt need a coat :rolleyes: lol Though, if we get any snow down here none of them will be going out unless they're well wrapped up!!!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree watching the news says it's gonna be -5 degrees urgh no thank you need to find my thermals lol

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The girls have coats on if its really cold just so they dont catch a chill, but Logan's a proper man, he doesnt need a coat :rolleyes: lol Though, if we get any snow down here none of them will be going out unless they're well wrapped up!!!
Hahahhaha real man bless him it's all that testosterone!!

Mine have hoodies by the back door so they can plop them on for toilet breaks if need be!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
There's a couple of things we do when it's cold, Macy likes to play hide and seek, when she finds me she does zoomies, jordan prefers tag, i usually tire out before he does (he could spend all night running from one end of the house to the other. I also bring their agility set inside for the winter (I don't have a coffee table so the living room is pretty open) I'll try and put up some pics soon.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
take them to a trip to Australia to run on the beach and take me also! :D:D

It's supposed to snow here soon my hands got frost bitten from my steering wheel this afternoon while driving to work I need to start wearing gloves but it makes me sad to pull out winter wear!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lol sherri I'll pick some money off the tree at the end of the garden and book the flights

1 - 20 of 20 Posts