Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you say she looks like a Chihuahua? To me its her dominant breed bc I feel like i see it more in her face a body type. especially her profile. But it is just me that sees it? I know she has the extremely floppy Tzu ears which I've grown to love I mean aside from her ears what do you guys see? again I've got to post separately bc my phone or the site won't let me upload directly.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Id love if that did happen it did for Pongo but his were bent just mid way the tip went down but the rest stood up when she lays back and rolls around they go up and flip backwards but when she's sitting upright they are incredibly floppy as floppy as my beagles ears but more expressive bc I feel like she has the same base as chi ears bc she moves them around in the same way unlike my floppy eared dogs they usually went flat at the side hers turn forward but flop. I still love them I just love chi ears too. Thanks she's very energetic and always paying attention even when you don't notice she watches my every move just about lol. Here is a pic of how floppy they are upright.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys Padme says thank you too :D What do you mean by moderating the stop? I'm glad there's some physical Pom attributes too I could never really see them but I think it's bc I'm not as familiar with the breed like I am with chis

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys I'm glad to know a little more about poms. Padme is going through a really awkward growth spurt and looks all lanky, long thin legs stick like, like a deer and she's so slender except right after she eats but I think she may look thinner bc her fluffy coat it gone and she is short haired except for around her neck or ruff and the tip top of her head and ears but that's about a half inch long. it was weird bc her hair got long then she lost it all and she has really short hair all over her body. I was hoping she'd be long haired but that's okay. she's got a little fluff on her head and neck and shes still adorable and not any less my baby girl with short hair. Lately she's come to wake me up with a tongue in my ear or eye or nose sometimes lips and she's weird about it when I start moving my head around she tries to hold it still with her paws lol but she will keep going all fast like she's excited I guess she tries to hold me down so she can keep going and then I'm up of course I don't know if that's her intention or if she's hoping I don't wake so she can lick me all morning but it doesn't seem like normal dog licks your face bc of when she puts her paws on me to hold me still she does like to sleep in the crook between my neck and shoulder sometimes I think maybe she's had enough of me sleeping and knows the quickest way to get me up. Maybe she has a pom body shape I don't know what that is bc they are so fluffy but maybe they have lankier bodies or longer legs than chis.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's quite hysterical but I try not to laugh bc when I do she goes for my mouth which is a little unpleasant but I can tell she is trying to direct my face to the direction she wants with her paws or just hold me down lol its one of her odd quirks I just love my daughter finds it entertaining too. yea all her puppy fluff was falling out rapidly she didn't really shed before but during that she'd get up and I was covered I have her a bath and that seemed to get all the loose fur but she looked a little naked compared to how she was and she looks so oddly thin but there is always food down she just doesn't gain weight but I realize it may just be that awkward puppy stage before she grows into herself I just hate her looking so thin even though she's not hungry sometimes she skips meals but will eat everything at night its weird.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts