Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
~ What would you have? ~
~ Why would you have it? ~

I'm curious what you guys would pick for another type of dog breed/breeds, one that you don't already have but in an ideal world, would have!

For me, if I was to have another smallish dog breed, i'd like a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel or a Beagle............or a Miniature Schnauzer! I can't decide! Lol. Then again, in an ideal world, i'd live on a giant estate in the countryside and have any dog breed I fancied :D
I also like Wiemeraners, for a larger dog.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I'd probably get something in the AKC herding group - Australian shepherd, border collie or, the dog I am most intrigued by, a Puli.

I have a friend who owns a ranch and she's got about 5 Australian shepherd dogs that she uses as working dogs. I never considered them until I saw hers. In fact, I was slated to get one of her female's puppies that were born 2 weeks after I found Cooper.

My friend was selling the pups that would be good working dogs and was going to give me my pick of the "spares" or dogs that weren't interested in work. When I found Cooper, something wouldn't let me go on without him and the rest is history.

I didn't feel bad about taking Cooper over her pups because both parents are award-winning working stock dogs and, turns out, ALL 13 puppies are workers now. She didn't have one single pup that was a dud!! I'm sure I would be completely nuts right now if I had taken one of those pups. One thing's for sure - Oma would be sufficiently herded. :D

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Nona -
or a Miniature Schnauzer! I can't decide! Lol
We have one of those ' George' , i posted a pic of him in the pics forum. I wouldn't recommend one ! he is a lovely dog and i love him to bits but we had a lot of years of madness with him!! hes 8 now and behaves perfectly but he used to be a nightmare , wrecking everything and he is quite ' yappy ' Lol

i would def have another chi , tyson is the best dog i have ever had , if not another chi i also like the italian greyhounds :wave:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
My vet raises Italian Greyhounds. Cooper plays with them whenever she brings them to work with her and he's there. They are very bouncy and energetic dogs!!

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
a Greyhound or a great dane.

i guess deep down in side i'm a "big" dog lover but i NEVER had one but everytime i see them i lose it!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jayne - really!! I had no idea that they could be a bit of a handful!

Jodie - Sophie is beautiful....what a glossy coat. I just love them, they look so regal, I can't really describe why I like them so much!

Chi-lady - Poms are really cute, I know two and they are called Bubbles and Crystal! They're tiny but boy can they yip! So cute though.

I have seen a Puli in the flesh, they're really strange looking dogs but I do like their coat, it's quite a shock when you first touch it! It's rough but oily.

Great responses guys, keep them coming :wave:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
In a perfect world I'd have a huge piece of land and all the time and money in the world so I'd have a golden retriever, a lab (black or yellow) and a gazillion chi's. I'd also like to have a great dane, a boxer and a cocker spaniel but I don't want to get greedy. :wink:

My parents have a golden who is just a big schmoopy pie, I've always loved labs (for their loyalty and playfulness), great danes just look like fun, boxers are so pretty, and I had a cocker when I was a kid. He was my childhood heart, as Lily is my adulthood heart. :)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
This is going to sound odd but I do not like small dogs - it's a dislike very close to hatred. There's something about them that I just cannot stand. When I see one, I get all prickly inside. It may be the "girlyness" of breeds like the pom and the shit-zu ... when I think of dogs in general, I think of boy stuff and toughness, not frilly things like bows and painted nails. Chihuahuas are the only exception - I love chihuahuas and they are the epitome of small dogs!

I would have to get a big dog definitely. I didn't even think about labs - I love them, especially the chocolate ones. We had a chocolate in our obedience class named "Brother Ben". Brother Ben was quite a handful and his owner, who was a very large black man that looked like he could play linebacker, had trouble holding him. I fell in love with Brother Ben and even more so once his training took effect. :D

The one dog you would never ever catch me with? The Standard Poodle. Can't stand 'em.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
crap-zu :? that's a bit harsh isn't it ? there are people on this site that have shih-tzu's........ :wink:

i would like a chinese crested :D and maybe a pom , great danes (harlequin and bleu and tan :D ) and an afghan :D

oh yess and 50 chi's....;all colors,sizes and coatlenghts

.....i don't like poodles either :wink:

kisses nat

·
Registered
568 Posts
xx-nathalie-xx said:
crap-zu :? that's a bit harsh isn't it ? there are people on this site that have shih-tzu's........ :wink:

i would like a chinese crested :D and maybe a pom , great danes (harlequin and bleu and tan :D ) and an afghan :D

oh yess and 50 chi's....;all colors,sizes and coatlenghts

.....i don't like poodles either :wink:

kisses nat
I have a crap-zu (a little offense taken)...well a Shih Tzu and he is the best dog I have ever owned with the exception to Bella my chi. So I would have to say the SHIH TZU for sure. :D

I also like the chinese crested too.

Leslie

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I love the Labradors, they really have such easy going, friendly personalities. They are extremely loyal, playful and great with kids. Savannah is great with other dogs as well. Our yellow lab Dakota, just passed away at age ten, she was an AMAZING dog too. :cry: :( So, I guess I would have to say the Labrador retriever! Also, my aunt has a French bulldog and I really like the look of them. She always has funny stories to tell me about him, so the breed seems like they have some funny antics. I've also always loved Greyhounds, Australian shepherds and Golden retrievers. :) I'd have to say my two most favorite breeds are the Chihuahua and the Labrador retriever. I love little dogs, but I love having my big dogs too. :D

Also, with the "crap-zu", I think there is a filter on the site for "bad words". So while spelling Shih-tzu, she must have spelled it wrong and the filter replaces the word with crap?

Jessica

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Jessica said:
Also, with the "crap-zu", I think there is a filter on the site for "bad words". So while spelling Shih-tzu, she must have spelled it wrong and the filter replaces the word with crap?

Jessica
I was just about to say that. I don't think anybody was disparaging of that breed, they just didn't know how to spell it. :lol:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts