Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an HTC Evo and it's only 2 months old. Yesterday it buzzed and then was DOA at the sprint store. They opened it up and told me that the water damage sticker indicated water damage. It has never even been BY water let alone in water.
So I contacted HTC and among other things they told me that this can happen
get this...

EVEN IF YOU SET YOUR PHONE DOWN NEXT TO A CUP OF COFFEE OR TEA.

Seriously? This is ridiculous. Thankfully I have the insurance, but it still will be $100 and several days until I get my new phone. So, be careful, there are at least 3 stickers on the phone and battery (all the others were intact BTW) and if one is tripped even by humidity, they will not honor any warranties.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Yep.

I've had that problem before. I don't have an HTC but the day after purchasing my LG I decided to check just for kicks - my sticker was already pink.

We live in a very humid climate and even taking your phone out can do this to it.

Just another way they nickel and dime you. I could understand if it was a teenager, and the phone was raggedy or looked like it had damage but seriously?

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
There is an easy solution to the water damage sticker...when you get a new phone, take a clear piece of tape and place it over the water damage sticker so it can't get wet ;) Then if the phone stops working just remember to take the tape off before you bring it into the cell phone store :)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I am actually going to take my phone into the sprint store when I get it and make them show me all the water damage stickers. I want to verify that they aren't pink to begin with (something I have heard is the case sometimes). When 2 of 3 are perfectly fine, one being the battery itself which is practically exposed, it's pretty obviously you didn't drop it in the pool. Grr. But to have the actual HTC customer service say that you can't put it next to a cup of coffee is crazy. I'm going to go look at the user manual and if it doesn't say that, I 'm going to push the issue.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Thats to bad, that happen to my daughters phone once and one of her brand new cameras that I sent in for repair.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Well that is ridiculous!!! Better get an iPhone hee heee! Never had a problem, and it's in my bathroom many times while in the shower.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
That sucks!!!

I have the HTC droid Incredible and I HATE IT!!! I will never buy another HTC phone......ever!!!!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Don't make a big stink in the store and embarrass yourself... The employees literally have no pull. My husband has worked in cell phones for years, for many different providers, and it is always the phone maker's call as to replacements & warranties.
Best option would be to call as many different reps at HTC as you can, and push the fact that only one of the stickers showed damage, but the outcome will likely be the same... Try to remember people are pleasant to pleasant people. ;)
However, replacement phones, even for water damage should ALWAYS be over-nighted, and that IS an issue you should be pushing in the store.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts