Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do your Chi's cuddle? Bailey and Emmie love to play with each other but don't want cuddle with each other or share a bed! They he along great otherwise!

Sent from my iPhone using PetGuide

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I have some cuddlers and some that would rather die than cuddle, I think it is a personality thing and also depends on how long they stayed with their littermates. Those that stayed with littermates seem to better enjoy the company of another dog close by.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Toby is an only child, but right now he's cuddling with Rocky while he is here. I think if he had a sibling he'd be a cuddler. For now, he cuddles with me.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They will share my lap but Bailey grumbles if Emmie touches her. Same in our bed, they sleep totally away from each other. Just glad they get along otherwise!

·
Registered
787 Posts
I don't have any other chihuahuas, but I have other dogs. Lyra cuddles with Sprite all the time. Otherwise, during the day, she grumbles and grouses if she has to share my lap or one of the others (besides Sprite) lie down beside her. But at night, everyone piles in behind my legs, and Lyra joins the pile without complaint (she seems to enjoy it).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Scrappy and Princess love to cuddle. At night, they both snuggle into their plush blanket next to my pillow and love to be covered up. At about 4:30 a.m., they both wake up and crawl under our down comforter and like to snuggle around our legs.

·
Registered
145 Posts
my chihuahuas don't cuddle, the three sleep in different places. they are all three rescues and have different 'attitudes' . Most of my poodles will cuddle, but they have their own buddies, some get along with some, and not with others.
My little 13 yr old man I adopted last year sleeps in his little pen, door open, on his heating pad under his blanket. The little girl that was given to me, that I used to board, sleeps with me but is a grumbler if anyone gets near, and the last one is a tiny kennel dog and she is still sleeping in her playpen. Even when she gets adjusted to the house (working on that now) she wont sleep anywhere but her play pen because she is too tiny to be out and about unsupervised.

pam in TX

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Mine cuddle occasionally.. In fact yesterday they were both curled up together under the blankets while all 3 of us took a nap. They will sometimes go into the same crate and sleep together too.. I think it just depends on their mood.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine will cuddle on my knee but do not sleep together at night,they prefer there own beds but beside each other :)

Sent from my iPad using PG Free

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Zoey and Chloe play very good together and will clean each others ears, eyes etc. but Zoey will snarl at Chloe if she tries to sleep with her at night. I feel bad for Chloe because she does want to cuddle, but Zoey won't let her.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
my chis love to cuddle, also, they sleep together all the time! but they are litter mates I don't know if that's why but they really love each other.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
299 Posts
Onyx is an only dog but if I did get another dog, she would tear it up if it came near her sleeping space lol. She already harasses the kitten I took in whenever he gets near her stuff. That said, that dog CANNOT sleep without cuddling with me. She will stay up and beg to get on my bed. So she sleeps with me :) She often cuddles on my lap during the day too.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
The boys both love to cuddle up with Chloe but they only rarely cuddle with each other. I try to get them all to sleep together but lately Winston has taken to sleeping on the couch while Ax and Chloe sleep together in their bed.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Bella likes to cuddle with Lina when they're napping during the day. Lina puts up with Bella when Bella uses Lina as her pillow (LOL). However, when they go to sleep at night, they are in their separate beds/crates in the same room. Both girls love to cuddle with my husband and me. :)

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I'm hoping Mylo and new girl will cuddle together. I've never had 2 Chis at the same time before but have had another breed dog and the Chis have always cuddled with the other dog. My second chi Lina used to sleep on top of our other dog!

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
None of my 3 cuddle!!! The 4yr old plays with the baby, and the 6 yr old does occasionally. The baby plays with them all, if they allow it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts