Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Silver was the base plan. Just wondering if you have another level and what extra benefits you use if so. The extra benefits did not seem compelling but I wondered if I was missing something so I thought to ask here.
Thank you!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
We use the Gold Plan, $200 deductible. They have changed the underwriter, and some of the coverage, so I'm not sure. Haven't had time to go over all of it. I would call their CS number and get someone to tell you exactly what the higher one has over the lower. That way you don't miss any fine print.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
We use the basic plan. Frankly, I don't expect reimbursement if my pet dies...I think that's being a little greedy LOL. The gold plan offers that as well as other stuff like money reimbused if you have to cancel your vacation because a pet is sick, want money to advertise if your dog is lost, etc. etc. The benefit is higher coverage dollar figure wise...so if you plan to treat your dog for cancer if it gets it (I never would), the $20k might be good. But the $8k is going to cover any major expense you have in a calendar year that you can reasonably treat an animal for...for THEIR sake. I have a major problem with treating animals and putting them through all types of medical torture they can't understand for their personal sake, and that's what you get into when you start looking at treatment exceeding $8k in a year I'd think.

I do 100% coverage after a $200 deductible and it's around $250/year per pet I have insured. Not all my dogs are insured, just the ones I feel are more fragile or likely to have problems.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, ladies! I will read through and perhaps call them if I have questions. I planned to get it for both girls and want to do it sooner rather than later.
Thanks again!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts