Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
AlekonaKini said:
I really CANNOT take it anymore. Guinness is officially unable to be housebroken. I have tried all the tricks of the trade and no matter what, I am still finding poops in the dining room and my brothers room, etc. Not only that but now the areas have that animal smell and I CANT STAND THAT!

He is destroying the house by being a stinking boy. I have absolutely NO idea what to do with him. He is almost a year old and tiny pups have better toilet habits then he does.

The stink has settles into beneath the carpets so now we have to pull them up and replace the carpets.. probably with tile but who on earth can afford THAT right now? As much as I simply love and adore my boy - I have had it with his house habits.

Any clues as to what I can do???!
I didn't read the whole thread so forgive me if I am repeating someone else's advice.

Do you have a crate? If not get one and use it. Keep him crated at night and when you can't keep your eye's on him at all times to be able to read his potty signs. Go back to sqaure one on potty training..feed on a schedule and take him out on a schedule. It does take time but it's so worth it to have a housebroken dog. For some reason I found my little dogs were much harder to train than my labs. I don't know why but it was. lol.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Cooper said:
labtestedchi said:
For some reason I found my little dogs were much harder to train than my labs. I don't know why but it was. lol.
I think it's because we treat the little ones differently from the big ones. The little ones are cradled and treated more like humans than the big guys are, therefore, we're more leniant with them.

I have 4 dogs..2 labs and 2 chis and they really aren't treated any differently..especially when it comes to training..I am a firm trainer. I won't have an untrained dog in my home even it does only weigh 4 lbs. There is nothing worse than an untrained dog.

The only difference is that the chis are allowed on the furniture and the labs aren't. They are spoiled with toys and treats and all kinds of bling and eat quite well :) (We feed part raw along with kibble)

I found my male chi was a tad hardheaded and I think that accounted for something.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Cooper said:
labtestedchi said:
I found my male chi was a tad hardheaded and I think that accounted for something.
:shock: :shock: :shock: A hardheaded chi??? Say it isn't so!!! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
Shocking I know! lol :D My female is quite the little lover and wants to please all the time so she was easy to easy to train for the most part.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.