Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
........if you'll show me yours. :D

Curious what kind of setup you have for your dogs. I thought I'd give you a brief visual tour of what I have going for my dogs, hopeful that I'd get a similar pictorial of yours.

This the the 2nd floor hallway with the dogs' crates on either side of the door leading to my computer room/upstairs den area. My bedroom doorway is on the right just behind where I'm standing to take the shot, and the bathroom is just beyond that. As you can see, the dogs' crates are gender specific...pink for Jazz, and blue for Tango

A closer crate view

Food and water dishes. But I also sometimes feed Jazz in her crate, depending on a variety of factors and variables too lengthy to go into here lol!

The other end of the hall. My little assortment of chihuahua and butterfly related memorabilia. And of course, the ubiquitous dog bed. They're everywhere!

Under my bathroom vanity. All dog related.

And a couple sillies of Tango checking out one of their carriers.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
That's a very nice set up, Ronni! Loved the pics! :)

That's quite the set up !

My dogs allow me to live in their house, so if you seen a picture of my house...you've seen their set up ;)
Ditto! LOL!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Loved the pics! Great organization, so nice and tidy. Very very nice!!! :)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Wow, you are much more organized than I am. lol Very nice set up.

This is my dog room. It's 27 by 17 feet.

This is the sleeping area.

View from my computer chair.

I have one bed off by itself as I have a couple of dogs that like to be isolated from the rest sometimes. And we have an old two story cat tree that Billy especially likes to use, he even gets on the top floor and is 'safe' because none of the other dogs can figure out how he gets up there.

The dog door opens up on this 27 by 16 feet screened in patio. We like to eat dinner out here when the weather is nice.

Then out the next dog door, we have this fenced in area. They can sunbath either on the cement or the carpet square. There is a dirt strip next to the screened in patio for going potty for the ones that don't like pottying on cement. The cement gets washed off daily and bleached once or twice a week depending on how soiled it is.

Then through the gate is our huge backyard.

This is the set-up in my room. The big crate is Isis's, with Twiggy's on top. The two crates sectioning off the cat box is Marmalade's and Delilah's. Ling Ling sleeps on the floor next to the bed and the rest sleep in the bed with me.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your sweet comments, but a particular thanks to Pam. This is exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for when I posted. It's fun to share my setup, but I get much MORE fun out of seeing everyone else's :D

Pam, now I have a much better idea how you deal with so many dogs! I'd always wondered how those of you who have multiple dogs could possibly keep up with them, but these visuals you've provided make it so much easier to understand. Thank you!

Keep 'em coming, folks. Surely I can't be the *only* one who finds these kinds of visuals fascinating?

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
That's quite the set up !

My dogs allow me to live in their house, so if you've seen a picture of my house...you've seen their set up ;)
Exactly the same here. Hannah is the queen, Jasper is the king, Moose is the prince and we are there paupers/servants.

·
Premium Member
5,271 Posts
Chico has his own room and I have a webcam setup so I can watch him during the day while at work... currently it is not in use as I am going to Atlanta tomorrow and have the beds and such out of it and in the car ready for the trip to my sons home...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Oh, what a great idea. I don't have room in my 2 bedroom house, and 4 kids, a hubby and my brother living in the basement to have a doggie room, but I will take pics tomorrow or so of where I have things :)

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, what a great idea. I don't have room in my 2 bedroom house, and 4 kids, a hubby and my brother living in the basement to have a doggie room, but I will take pics tomorrow or so of where I have things :)
Looking forward to seeing your photos!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ein has a pile of corpse toys and a blanket nest for a bed. Other than her crate, thats it! I would love to get her a bed, but I know she'd never get to use it. Jade will sleep on anything that is remotely fluffy or "bed-like". I just get this mental image of a 60 lb dog trying to curl into the tiniest ball possible to fit on a bed for a 10lb dog. She's do it too. She sleeps on laundry baskets full of clothes, even though her bulk spills over the sides :)

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Loved the pics! Great organization, so nice and tidy. Very very nice!!! :)
Tracy, I just noticed this comment. Yeah, it happened to be tidy right then. But most of the time the floor's littered with their toys! What isn't shown is the basket overflowing with all their toys that I spend time every day refilling after they get the urge to spread their toys out all over the floor. They don't even play with them that much...just enjoy emptying the basket of them, I guess. It reminds me of when my kids were little and the neverending job of picking up after them lol! :D

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I'll take some snaps a bit later of some of our set up. Most of the pups clothing & leashes/harnesses are scattered about because of Ivy. LOL Maybe I'll use this as an excuse for her to gather them up. :p

I love the sets ups shown btw! So organized Paula. And Pam...I LOVE your yard!!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Ok so our stuff is pretty sporadicly placed around the house but I guess it gives an idea. This is their fav hang place. :daisy:

This is our new crate system hubby built when he was renovating this section of the house which will be the new entry way when the rest of our downstairs renovations are complete: (the wet floor is not pee--Ivy had sprayed the dogs down because of our heat wave LOL) This is the same room--opposite side as the above pic and yes, our wood floors despirately need to be redone!

The right side of the cabinet--need to have hubs put a shelf in for me so I can better seperate some stuff...

This wall will come out & there will be a bar there at some point but for now we keep a bed & water dish there.

Jail bird! Ladies in heat stay in the kitchen & Mari can slide the gate open thus our make shift "latch". haha

Wall of leashes/harness/collars/carriers:

Their doggy house by their doggy door. haha

Outside play yard. Excuse the poorly groomed grass. My lawn mower won't start for me & hubby has been busy with meetings & work. This weekend it'll get done. Ivy put their pool in the other day--it's ridiculously hot here (98 in the shade UGH!!).

And my little food preparation station....

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I'll take some snaps a bit later of some of our set up. Most of the pups clothing & leashes/harnesses are scattered about because of Ivy. LOL Maybe I'll use this as an excuse for her to gather them up. :p

I love the sets ups shown btw! So organized Paula. And Pam...I LOVE your yard!!
You have a great set up! The built in crates are awesome. I wish I had a husband that was good with his hands. I have a son that THINKS he's good with his hands. lol And I just love the backyard here. It's like they have their own dog park they get to run around three times a day. And the screened-in patio makes it so they will still go outside when it's raining to pee.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
You have a great set up! The built in crates are awesome. I wish I had a husband that was good with his hands. I have a son that THINKS he's good with his hands. lol And I just love the backyard here. It's like they have their own dog park they get to run around three times a day. And the screened-in patio makes it so they will still go outside when it's raining to pee.
Yeah, that must make it handy! Maya will pee in front of the doggy door when it's raining...even though they have the enclosed "potty area" just outside the doggy door. We have a lot of water coming down from the back of us & it gets a little wet on the ground (which is small stone) in the potty area so apparently she doesn't even like to get her feet remotely wet. :eyeroll: My pups don't go out to their play yard to play as often as I'd like. They're big couch potatoes I guess... haha

so cute!!

do they get in the pool??
Pics! :)
Once in a while they will by themselves, Jan...not often unless they have Ivy's help though. LOL

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Wow, I love those built in crates! I can't wait until I am able to live in a bigger apartment/house where I can have a doggy room.

·
Registered
205 Posts
So, Ruby's crate will be right next to my chair in the livingroom.

Our blue heeler sleeps in her crate under our custom made TV stand(curtosy of my hubby)

Our ferrets live here also in our livingroom

Our beagle never did sleep in any bed we bought him, he prefers to sleep under ours, or on ours when we aren't paying attention. lol
The two bigger doggies have access to food and water in the kitchen all the time.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts