Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I was wondering if the people in IL would want to do a chi meetup? I already talked to Jessica (Angel5218) and she thinks that its a good idea. I would need help w/ it though 'cause I'm only 13 and could not get it together by myself. So any IL members would have to tell me where they live and then we'll see if we would be able to do this, because we would also have to meet in a place where everyone could get to. Tell me what you guys think. I would love to do this, I think that it would be really cool and a great experience for both us and our chis. :D :wave:
BTW- This would be done sometime in the summer. :)

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
I think that's a great idea!! I've wanted to do one of those for the longest time and since there aren't so many of us that live in Illinois I thought it would be a waste of time :( But, I would love to do it just the same :) I live in Peoria and I know that someone else does too (well around there). I'm excited! LOL

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I am all for it, even if I have to travel a bit.
I live in Chicago (well the area around chicago)
Everyone from IL should post the city they live in/near and I can try to find a dog park mid-way for everyone. I know there are small-breed parks all over the place. How does this sound??

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I did a search and found a dog park in Peoria...

Viacary Bottoms Dog Exercise Area
Hours: Sunrise to sunset • 682-6684

The Peoria Park District has recently designated Vicary Bottoms, (a section of property off Kickapoo Creek Road, north of Farmington Road) as a dog exercise area. It is highly recommended that this area be used only by well-trained dogs and their handlers as this area is not fenced. A complete list of rules is posted at the site, but here are some general guidelines:
• Dogs must be accompanied by an owner or handler at all times and owners may bring no more than two dogs per person per visit.
• Owners are responsible for the behavior of their dogs and shall be held solely responsible for any injuries or damage caused by their dogs.
• Owners shall carry a leash at all times, and dogs must be leashed when entering and leaving the park.
• Owners must pick up and properly dispose of their dog’s feces. Bags and a trash can are available.
• Dogs must be currently vaccinated against rabies, legally licensed, and wearing county rabies vaccination identification tags at all times.
• For safety reasons, children must be ten (10) years of age to use the park, and must be accompanied by a responsible adult.

There are no facilities at Vicary Bottoms, so owners may also wish to bring water for their dogs.

http://www.peoriaparks.org/facilities/vicary_bottoms.html

Maybe we could meet there?? :?:

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I am up for the drive :D I am thinking weekends will be best for everyone...but we all need to decide about when we want to do this. I am up for anytime....I work every other weekend so for example I work this Saturday, have next saturday off and so forth.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok! I'm so happy that everything is finally coming together!!! I think that we should have it on a Saturday and maybe sometime in June. because I was wondering if it's okay w/ you guys, if we can do it anytime after June 10, because that's when I'm out for summer vacation. It's all up to you guys though! :D :wave: :D

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Okay I agree...lets plan for June.
These are the weekends I can do this...

June 4th (saturday)
June 5th (sunday)

June 12th (sunday)

June 26th (sunday)

I am out of town b/w the 12th and the 19th so with that and work only leaves me with one Saturday. Do any of these days work for you??? I really hope we can do this soon...i cannot wait to meet all of you!! :D :D

1 - 20 of 73 Posts