Chihuahua People Forum banner
41 - 60 of 73 Posts

· Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Hey guys!!! The chi meetup is in a week!!! YAY! Ok, it's on June 26th at 2:00 P.M at that place! :sign9: :sign9: :sign9: :D

Viacary Bottoms Dog Exercise Area
Hours: Sunrise to sunset • 682-6684

The Peoria Park District has recently designated Vicary Bottoms, (a section of property off Kickapoo Creek Road, north of Farmington Road) as a dog exercise area. It is highly recommended that this area be used only by well-trained dogs and their handlers as this area is not fenced. A complete list of rules is posted at the site, but here are some general guidelines:
• Dogs must be accompanied by an owner or handler at all times and owners may bring no more than two dogs per person per visit.
• Owners are responsible for the behavior of their dogs and shall be held solely responsible for any injuries or damage caused by their dogs.
• Owners shall carry a leash at all times, and dogs must be leashed when entering and leaving the park.
• Owners must pick up and properly dispose of their dog’s feces. Bags and a trash can are available.
• Dogs must be currently vaccinated against rabies, legally licensed, and wearing county rabies vaccination identification tags at all times.
• For safety reasons, children must be ten (10) years of age to use the park, and must be accompanied by a responsible adult.

There are no facilities at Vicary Bottoms, so owners may also wish to bring water for their dogs.

http://www.peoriaparks.org/facilities/vicary_bottoms.html

· Registered
3,006 Posts
I ALMOST volunteered to work this sunday :shock: :shock: soooo glad i rememberd that this was the sunday we are meeting. I am so excited. I am dragging a friend with so I can bring all three of my girls. I will also have camera in hand to share pics with everyone. Lets get a final tally....tell us if you can come or not...so far Molly and I are in :D

· Registered
3,006 Posts
Awww bring him anyway. If anything you can just hold him. I think it would be good for him to socialize with other chi's :D Anyway Tequila is very good and putting pups in their place :wink:
(This was something I was told at another chi meetup I went to...one lady had a chi that acted agressive and Tequila was the only one who could go up to him...its like she knows how to act around them. I think its because she is such a big chi that she isnt afraid of them...maybe they can sense she is confidant or something...sorry that just popped into my head when I read this...lol)

· Registered
3,006 Posts
*sigh* no one will come with me...thats okay i have been in the area before b/c my friends live in Toluca.
All three of my girls are coming :D If they say anything I can always have your mom or Molly hold Kylie :wink:
I am bringing a lot of water just in case...I know the place said they didnt have water and its going to be a hot one.
Yay just a couple more hours

41 - 60 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.