Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sooooo excited, and you lot are probably the only people who will understand!

I'm going to be a chi mummy for the day!

When I was looking through the puppy listings, I saw an ad from a chi owner looking for chi's or toy breeds to have play dates with her chi. Being as she's in my area, I contacted her, and we've met up a few times.

She's got a 6 month old boy called "Tetley", who is gorgeous. And to help his mum out, he's coming to stay with me today!

Why I offered was to help her out because she's working long hours, but afterwards I realised it's a fabulous opportunity for me to get experience of being a chi owner. I've never had a toy breed before, so spending time with Tetley will really help me when I get my own baby.

I can't wait for her to get here!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He was happy as Larry for 5 minutes until he realised she'd gone, then he sat at the front door crying which made me want to cry! He wouldn't be distracted with games etc. so I left him to it for a bit, then sat with him on my lap where he could still see the door. He settled for about 5 minutes but now he's gone back to crying at the door, poor baby. Oh this is good, now he's wandering around my living room exploring things! Inbetween he goes and cries at the door!

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
When Rico goes to the dog sitter, she say that her spends the first 24 hours "looking" for me. After that he settles in. He does seems to "bond" with one person in a group.

What a nice thing to do for Tetley's owner. Now if you oniy lived near to me.....lol

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for sharing my excitement :)

We had a great day. Tetley settled within an hour. We played with his toy and then he asked to come up on my lap. I was really pleased, that's when I knew he was feeling relaxed. We both had a snooze in the armchair. I was in heaven!

Then we went for a leisurely stroll for almost an hour, and my neighbour came in to say hello which he LOVED, so all in all it was a very successful day.

Today I am totally worn out LOL. His mum says he was good and tired last night, so she was very happy!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Michelle, I'm looking at all the puppy listings every day. Okay okay, so about FIVE times every day LOL.

I'm shopping for everything I'll need which is keeping me occupied for now. Who'd have thought buying a doggy toilet could be so exciting ha ha!

I've never had much hands-on experience with toy breeds, so yesterday was a really good experience for me and gave me confidence.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts