Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last two nights at around the same time "Chloe' has this little lump that comes up on the top of her head right next to her "Molera". She does not act like it bothers her at all. It is kinda soft like and it gets big enough that you have no problem seeing it. I have found a couple of Mosquitos in the house and wondering if one bit her on the to of the head?? The lump is completely gone this morning. :eek: It is strange how it comes and goes. Of course if something is going to happen it is always on the DAng weekend! When the Vets office is closed??? Do you think it is anything to be worried about????

sandra

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Is the lump always in the same spot?
I would watch it over the weekend, as long as she's not acting sick or strange, then call the vet on Tuesday.

If the spot is NOT in the same place all the time, it could be mosquitoes.
Do you have her on heart worm protection?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, it is always in the same spot??? it is so strange. I have all mine on "Interceptor". I worry abut "west nile virus". There have been a few cases here in Okla already this summer. :shock:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
I'm thinking mosquitoes but I'd still have it checked out if it starts to bother her or gets worse.

After a trek through the woods on Saturday Lily had a big bump on her head. I noticed it because it made her fur stand up on top of it, like a cowlick. By Sunday it was less than half the size and today it's down to just a pinpoint. It didn't bother her in the least, thank goodness.

I have this theory that once a mosquito bites you (or your dog) the next one is attracted by the blood and bites in the same place. I am probably completely wrong but it sounds good, no? :wink:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Have you noticed any tiny pin hole or red mark or scab of a dot on the lump that would be indicative of a bite. grab the magnifying glass out and take a lookie see

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I get hives when I have anything red to drink. The first one is always in the same spot and is small like a mosquito bite. Could she be having a reaction to something?

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i hope it's nothing to worry about .............makes me think about a programme about parasites i saw the other day :? yuk yuk

kisses nat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts