Chihuahua People Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Welcome :wave:
Just to let you know when your Chi goes thru. the "Sybil Syndrome," it's completely normal. They seem to change personalities from day to day when they're young. If one day he doesn't want to be petted by you, he will want to be petted the following day. One day he may seem depressed and then the next he'll be jumping for joy :blob7:
So, don't worry too much. Enjoy!

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Hello & congrats on your Baby He is really adorable. Sounds like you are off to a good start. People here are wonderful about giving any help they can. Be sure to post more pics of Winston :wave:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
OMG! I drove up to see him today....its an 9 hour round trip from where I live, and oh boy was it worth it! He's tiny, and wheras I had expected him to be edgy around me - the opposite happened. He snuggled down on my tummy and drifted off to sleep.

For me (never owning a dog before) it was mindblowing. His owner said that he hadnt been like that with other people when he'd met them so I'm thinking this was meant to be!

Phew, just had to share my excitement with the world! Ooh, its going to be hard waiting for a month to pick him up!

Thanks to everyone, you've all been so welcoming, kind and helpful that I can only re-state - This Forum Is The Best! :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
Mr Chi said:
thanks for your speedy reply!!

I'll call him Ren or Winston :lol: They were the names that sprung to mind when I saw him! Thats a good idea about a check up, I'll call the vet later and get his jabs sorted as well. What are puppy pads?
Those are cute names! I have an older chi named Ren! Although, mine doesn't look anything like the real Ren from Ren & Stimpy.

The pup is so adorable! Welcome, Good luck, and hope you find everything you have questions on!! :wave:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
get a huge box of small breed milk bone biscuits. because they love their cookies lol. ok, nutrical for hypoglycemia, benedryl for allergies, wee wee pads and crate or pen for house breaking, blankies cause they love warmth, greenies for teeth, i personally keep zantac on hand also some have a tendency to get upset bellies. and most of all a nice warm lap because he is not going to spend much time in that pen lol.
he is a doll and Winston is a very nice name. oh yes welcome!

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Frasier's Mommy said:
Seren said:
btw....I wasnt aware there was a risk of heartworm in the U.K????
And what is Nutrical etc and whats it used for in dogs? Thx :wink:
Nutrical is used when a puppy has a hypoglycemia attack. I'll let the vet techs explain exactly what is in it - for now just buy some. :) Also, if I understand correctly something like Karo syrup rubbed on their gums will do in a pinch.

I want to 2nd what Chiwi's mom said. Rawhide is dangerous. They don't even have to try to swallow it. It just gets slippery and goes right down. I know someone who spent almost $2,000 because of a rawhide accident. Then she lived in fear for over a month of an inoperable trachea scar large enough to shut down her pup's breathing.

I'm pretty sure there is a chance of heart worm in the uk :(
I'm sure my guy was treated for it ..

Also not able to get Nutrical in the uk but i have found a product in
the uk made by shaws 8in1 and is called ' Enervite '

Glad your happy James :wave:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts