Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

My husband and I adopted a long haired chihuahua in January and he quickly became a huge part of our life - a big job for a 3 lb pup! He's the sweetest puppy and loves to cuddle.

The poor little guy fell and broke his front elbow about 2 weeks ago. He had surgery to reset the bone and now he's in a splint for at least 2-3 more weeks and needs pretty much 24/7 supervision. :( As pitiful as it is, Skeet-beat and I now have lots of time to cuddle and love on each other.

I'm just looking for a fun place to learn more about chihuahuas and all the quirky things they do!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Hello and welcome! I'm glad you adopted this adorable little guy! So sorry to hear about what happen to his little leg, bless his heart! He's very cute! I'd love to see more pics of him!

·
Registered
355 Posts
So sorry to hear about your pup. Don't know if this is your first dog-in-a-cast; when my Dary had casts on his back legs (bilateral calcaneal tendon reattachment) I wrapped them in Glad Press 'n' Seal with an IV bag over each to keep them clean and dry when he went out. An IV bag would be too big for your little guy, but if you can find some kind of durable cover to go over the Press 'n' Seal (which you take off every time, so the cast can "breathe"), that may help. Works for bandaged paws, too. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Hello and welcome to you and your boy.. Would love to see more pics of him.. Bless the little guy with his broken leg..

·
Registered
355 Posts
BTW, spouse and I lived in Goose Creek when we first married (he was on a sub out of Charleston). Our first dog was born in Mt. Pleasant and learned to swim at Folly Beach. Beautiful city you have there!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for the warm welcome!
If any of you have any tips on how to keep a chihuahua puppy on 'crate-rest,' I would be so very appreciative! My puppy, while cute, does not like to sit still when he wants to play.
I will certainly try and get a few pictures, but he is definitely camera shy! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts