Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

I am totally new to the Chihuahua and indeed the dog world! :) I always wanted a dog, but my parents aren’t big dog lovers, so I had to wait until I moved out. When I moved out, I realised, that I really wanted to give a dog a nice big home, with garden, so I waited a few more years until I was all set up. Now I am nearly 24, and my boyfriend and I completed building our house this summer – and now I am FINALLY in a position to have a dog! I am soooo excited. After searching for a suitable puppy for a couple of months, and after talking to a couple of dog behaviourists and after I completed a course on puppy care, we stumbled across the perfect dog breed for us – the Chihuahua. Through doggy-lover friends, I have found this little girl, a couple of weeks ago. I have visited her quite a few times already, and after taking her to the vet last Friday, I have committed myself to her. I am going away over the Christmas period, so I will bring her home on the 30.12. can’t wait! I have prepared everything already! I will name her ‘Lola’ here she is:

Sorry but I am in every picture!lol I have met both of her parents and she is currently still living with her mum. Her mum is ‘red’ in colour and her dad is cream in colour. Her 2 sisters and 1 brother were all mainly black with a bit of tan but Lola is white!?!

She is fairly fluffy at the moment – all her siblings were short/smooth coated and not like her very fluffy – do you think she will loose the fluff? (I don’t mind either way but am just curious!)

Lenchan x

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Welcome to CP,she is adorable.So nice to hear you have done all your research on the breed,i'm sure you won't be disappointed with your choice,they are a wonderful breed as everybody on here will tell you

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Lola is a cutie. She is a longhair. She will have a long coat, not a smooth short one. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lola is a cutie. She is a longhair. She will have a long coat, not a smooth short one. :)
do you think so? her parents are both smooth short haired!?:confused:
i think she'd be a mixture of long and short hair! :D but guess i just wait and see!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Hello and welcome to CP! You made a great choice for your first doggy! Lola is one adorable little cutie for sure! Can't wait to see more pics and hear how Lola is doing after she's home!!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Lola is a cutie! Welcome to the forum. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
awww! thanks guys for all your lovely comments! seeing some of your long coat chi photos - i can defiantly see lola in them! so excited! she'll be a stunner when she is fully grown! Can't wait to bring her home!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Welcome to the forum

She's deffo a long coat if both smooth parents carry the long coat gene a long puppy can be produced (btw 2x long coats can only produce long coat puppies)

How old is she?? She will go through a naked stage around 4-6 months when she sheds er puppy coat and er adult coat will take up to 3 years to come in. If you get er spayed before her first heat (and you should btw but look into it) she will only shed seasonally (I.e spring to summer)

She's very sweet if you look on here there are all sorts f shapes and sizes If you read up on the breed standard you'll get an idea of what standard chis look like :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
What a beautiful baby!!!! Welcome and good luck with her! Can't wait to see more pics when she comes home!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Welcome. You and your chi are adorable! :) She is definitely a LC and beautiful. I can see why you are already in love. I bet you can't wait. I'm excited for you. :)
Have a Merry Christmas and welcome.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts