Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry to come in with such bad news

i have three chis 1 long hair 2xshort {brother and sister}

when i first laid eyes on my fawn short coats i thought they were so beautiful like real bambis

i got so attacthed to the wee tiny female she was like a surrogate baby to me

i got the shock of my life to day when i went to feed my babies .....she was lying dead

shes only one year old and was lying away from the other two with ba bit of blood from the ear closest to the ground

could someone please shed some light on what may have happened

she was up to date with shots and boosters
always wormed and fed on sciend=ce plan and minced tripe

im so devastated i cant think straight

ive tried to google but no avail

· Registered
14,454 Posts
Blood coming from the ear (or nose or mouth or eyes) usually means a blunt force trauma to the head. She either hit her head on something hard enough to cause death or another dog caused it. :( I'm very sorry.

You can take her into your vet and have a necropsy done if you wish. That will tell you FOR SURE the cause of death. There's really no other way to know, only speculation. If she were mine, I would want to know.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you all very much, i havent been able to think straight all day

i loved that little girl so much ,she used to snuggle into the crook of my neck

i dont have any friends, my choice,as i have trust issues,hence the reason why this is so hard for me to come to terms with,as she was a friend to me,......life can be so cruel...

sorry i came in with bad news, i have been lurking here for a while ,and i just didnt know where else to come,

· Registered
3,126 Posts
So sorry for your loss... =( Please stick around, this forum has been so helpful to me and I'm sure you'll feel the same. We'd love to learn more about your other 2 chihuahuas if you get the chance!

· Registered
117 Posts
What awful news and I am so sorry for your loss I can imagine how much that hurts to find your precious pup like that.
We are here to help support you through it as I am sure most of us have lost a precious pet at some time....

· Registered
946 Posts
So so sorry for your loss :( I too would want to know the cause, so would proceed to the vet. This may help you with closure too, having some answers. You have found a great supportive site here, please come back and let us know more about you and your other Chi's! Hugs....

· Registered
573 Posts
First off, I'm terribly sorry about your loss. :(
Secondly, I'm not sure what could have caused her passing, but I do know something similar happened to a baby ferret I had. He was put to sleep just before he turned 3 months old, because he became fully paralyzed. There was nothing the vets could do for him. We do not know what caused this to happen, but we do know it was from some sort of internal trauma because he was bleeding from his nose after they put him to sleep. I couldn't afford to have a necropsy done, but I really wish I had been able to do that. It would have put my mind at ease. Again, I'm sorry for the loss of your furry family member. I know how difficult this can be; especially when they leave us so suddenly for unknown reasons. -hugs-

· Registered
801 Posts
Hi Shane, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.
It's amazing how something so small can
have such an amazing personality and take
up so much of our hearts.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.