Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been gone for a week, probably didn't notice but I was in Beijing, China with my parents taking in the sights and of course, taking a lot of pictures. I saw quite a few chihuahuas there but most of the dog population is pekingese and mini schnauzers.

We went to the Great Wall, Forbidden City, Beijing Zoo, Summer Palace, and Heavenly Temple Park. It was beautiful, and I hope you enjoy the pictures!

Here they are in no particular order:

Back to the world of work and Chi-People! Glad to be home and have my dogs. -Nate

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Oh Nate, you have outdone yourself! Those are incredible. I especially love the panda but my favorite pic is the wide walkway with trees on either side. It looks so European and so unlike how I imagine China to look. Shows how wrong I can be.

I've wanted to visit China since I read "Riding the Iron Rooster" by Paul Theroux, some 20+ years ago. I also used to tutor two people from Shanghai in English as a second language and they really made me want to visit. Maybe someday.

And welcome back! :wave: Yes, you were missed, you silly thing. :lol:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Nate, those photos belong in a magazine they are beautiful!!!!
I love the tiger ones the best......but they are my favourite animal :wink:

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
:shock: Nate!!!!!!! OMG those are award winning pictures!!!! My favorite is the zebra! You really should enter those in something or call National Geographic :D

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha, the zebra was so close, I was petting it's ear, and it looked up at me so I lifted it's head, checked out the teeth (NASTY by the way) and took a shot of the eye. Amazing animals, and I can't believe how close I was.

National Geographic probably has a dozen pictures that look just like these already, I considered interning for them while I was UCLA but then along came this whole veterinary thing...

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
WOW :shock: beautiful thanks so much for sharing and we did notice you werent here goofy!!

My fav is the bike and the broom (im weird) they are all wonderful though

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Kemo's mamma said:
My fav is the bike and the broom (im weird) they are all wonderful though
I just took another look and you're right... the bike and broom shot is an incredible composition. There's almost too much to take in all at one time when looking at these photos.

Nate, in the very first pic, is that fog or smog over the city?

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
If I took pictures the way you do, I don't think I would ever look at the world without a camera in front of my eyes! I love your photography!

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
thank you so much for sharing your pictures.

i did notic eyou were gone! you weren't here for my chiwi crisis! but kristin was a very nice sub, very supportive :)

thank you again for sharing those pics.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:wave: Thanks everybody! Rachel, that picture was taken from the plane window, at around 4:00am so what you're seeing is a combination of morning fog and haze from the jet plane window. I really do look at the world through the viewfinder a great deal of the time even if I don't have a camera in hand.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Truly AWESOME pics, every single one of them! My hubby remarked that you should be working for National Geographic & I agree. My daughter who was a keen amateur photographer (still very interested in photography but busy with other things) would like to know what camera you were using??? :angel3:

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Stunning photo's ! We were in Hong Kong 4 years ago and had always planned to return and visit the main land.....but along came a little soul named Isabella Rosselini and she stole my heart...and now travel plans must be wherever she can also go LOL Thank goodness I did a lot of traveling before Bella, so I have great memories. so ......thank you for sharing your wonderful view of China with all of us.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
mychibabies said:
Truly AWESOME pics, every single one of them! My hubby remarked that you should be working for National Geographic & I agree. My daughter who was a keen amateur photographer (still very interested in photography but busy with other things) would like to know what camera you were using??? :angel3:
That is a wonderful compliment! Your daughter should definately put some time into her photography, it is a lifelong hobby that only gets better as you age and your view of the world matures. It gives you the ability to see things in different perspectives, to stop and enjoy the small things in life that get passed by, and to capture them to remember for a lifetime.

I have always been busy with other things, in high school played sports, academics were my priority, but photography isn't something you need a lot of time to "study" if she already has the eye.

Those pictures were taken with a variety of the following equipment:

Nikon D2H
Nikon 12-24DX w/ B+W Circular Polarizer or ND Grad Filter
Nikon 28-70AFS
Nikon 70-200VR w/ TC 14II converter
SB-800 Flash
Manfrotto 105MF4 support

How advanced is she with shooting SLR type cameras? If she needs recommendations on anything or any advice on how to work on certain skills have her e-mail me! I'm not a pro, but I have a little knowledge and am happy to help.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts