Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know she has been pretty sick. Last week a test was run that suggested that it may be Cushing's. :( Further testing is needed to confirm and it is expensive! So..... I decided with approval from the vet to give her 1 more round of tummy medicine before proceeding with the Cushing's test. She has felt so much better today and seems more like her spunky little self than I have seen her in ages! She even ran Cody out of a small doggie bed that I have downstairs. :D

Now Callie is sick with a tummy bug. Now as strange as it sounds, I could not be happier about that! It means that she probably caught it from Annabelle and that Annabelle does not have some dreadful disease. :) So right now they are both on tummy medicine.

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. Please keep those positive vibes coming that this has all just been an awful scare and that it is just a bug that is easily treated!!! :)

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I'm so relieved to hear she is feeling better today!!! I hope her and Callie recover with the medicine they are on. I hope Cody doesn't get it!!
Keep us posted! You need to post a family photo of them. I love seeing your furbabes!! :wink:
Meg

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
I hope all it was was just a bug! how great would that be!!!!!!!!!! Even though they don't feel well I'd still be thrilled to know it wasn't too serious! :D

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you thank you thank you all so much!!! :D I can't tell you how relieved I feel today. Just have to keep thinking positive. :D

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
That is good :D I would maybe get the test done though if any signs should re-appear. Dumb ole tummy upsets!! :(

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
KB mamma said:
That is good :D I would maybe get the test done though if any signs should re-appear. Dumb ole tummy upsets!! :(
I will. Annabelle had some really strange symptoms and I don't feel out of the woods by any means. I'm just much more hopeful that it is something simple instead of serious. :)

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fizzys mum said:
SC said:
Just have to keep thinking positive. :D
Jen , you can & it really does help :) keep strong , i'm
sure you will pass on your positive thoughts to her

{{{hugs}}}
Thank you Sara and everyone! I'll keep you posted! :)

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
SC, may I ask where you live?
I live in Maryland and Sandy and Koke seem to both be having tummy problems too. No throwing up, just having diarhea.
I took them to the vet about 1 1/2 weeks ago and he gave them a shot and gave me some pills called Metronidazole that they took for 1 week, and some of that special diet i/d.
They have taken all the pills now and after they were on the i/d for a couple of days they seemed back to normal, but the diarehea kept reacurring for Koke so I would put them back on the i/d food.
Now they both have the diarehea back.
The vet said he thought they had some kind of virus. I was just wondering if there is something going around.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts