Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, now that Cooper is in time out and I have calmed down, the little %*&@$#* ate my white chocolate bar I bought today. It wasn't cheap ... imported from Italy and all that jazz.

So I looked up chocolate toxicity in dogs and they only mention milk and dark chocolates, nothing about white. Does anyone know? I'll take him to the vet if it's worse than milk and "brown" chocolate, but ... this is the dog that ate about 5 halloween candies and lived, so I'm not all that concerned. I am really hoping he poos his brains out tomorrow so I can say "I told you so" all day long.

I'm really ticked about my chocolate bar. :angryfire:

·
Registered
640 Posts
If I remember correctly I do not think that white chocolate is a big deal. I know that the darker the chocolate (milk choc., dark choc. semi-sweet) the more toxic it is because the more chocolate it has in it. I'm thinking that white chocolate isn't really chocolate at all :? . Ok. I'm gonna go look it up.

Edited to add the link below. And also to tell you that on three separate occassions I've had to induce vomitting in a Chi by giving it hydrogen peroxide. I've been told by two different vets to do this and it worked like a CHARM!! Never seen so much [email protected] come out of such a tiny chi!! Mounds...of chocolate.

http://www.dogownersdigest.com/news/library/chocolate-dog-poisoning.shtml :roll:

·
Registered
718 Posts
I'm pretty sure white chocolate's not going to hurt him. I think it's the cocoa and caffeine in it that they can't digest. The darker the chocolate, the more toxic to the dog. Sorry about your chocolate bar!! :lol:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Bijou said:
If I remember correctly I do not think that white chocolate is a big deal. I know that the darker the chocolate (milk choc., dark choc. semi-sweet) the more toxic it is because the more chocolate it has in it. I'm thinking that white chocolate isn't really chocolate at all :? . Ok. I'm gonna go look it up.
I always seem to post the same thing right when someone else is!! :lol:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He's looking pretty pathetic right now. I've shown him the wrapper and given him the "didn't we talk about this last time" chat. The little fart climbed on the couch and onto the table right beside it, dug in the basket I keep the remote controls in and took it out!!!

Right now, OmaKitty is enjoying herself. I think she can tell how blah he feels.

I called the poison hotline and the lady told me he'd be okay. I told her I just want him to start pooping so I can show him the wrapper and yell at him - I think she may be phoning the ASPCA LOL

·
Registered
402 Posts
When my cousins lab ate a whole bunch of milk chocolate, she phoned the vet right away. After asking what kind it was he told her to feed him lots and lots of white bread. Of course this was a massive dog however I guess it can be applied for smaller situations. Apparently the white bread will absorb the contents in the stomach. Of course never hesitate to check things out with your vet but if you were ever trapped on an island and your dog devoured your last jar of nutella and all you had left was white bread, feed it to him!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm really ticked off about my chocolate bar. It cost me $2.50!! And I was really looking forward to eating the whole thing. :lol: :lol:

The little punk is sleeping now... no :pukeright: or :pottytrain4: yet... hopefully in the morning. I can't wait to shove that wrapper in his face.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Don't worry...white " chocolate " isn't chocolate at all...your only concern here is the loss of your treat LOL

·
Registered
110 Posts
Cooper said:
I am really hoping he sh*ts his brains out tomorrow so I can say "I told you so" all day long. :angryfire:
LMAO. Poor baby. I'm pretty sure he'll be ok though. The ingredients in regular chocolate that makes it bad for dogs isn't in white chocolate. I'm sorry about you not getting it, I love white chocolate too.

·
Registered
275 Posts
haha how funny!! i think choc is bad in the long run but if they eat a little once i dont think it can harm them. before we knew about the chocolate thing my old chi pip used to eat it all the time he was always ok. i think it's supposed to make dogs go blind?

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jamoka's Jem said:
cooper i know how you feel! i feel the same way about my white chocolate.
but remeber he's your baby!
He's not my baby when he eats my treats... then he's Jolie's Mom's baby and I wanna send him home. :lol: :lol:

By the way, we just got up and he could NOT wait to get outside. I carried the wrapper with me out into the yard and waited while he peed and peed and peed... sheesh... he didn't drink that much yesterday to necessitate such a long pee.

Then it happened!! White poo!! YAY!! I went over to him while he was pooing and ensured that he was extremely uncomfortable then shoved the wrapper in his face and started saying things like "see, this is what happens when you eat my things!" and "I hope you poo for the rest of the day!" All he could do was look at me as if to say "please help me! My bum doesn't feel good!"

Victory is mine.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He's feeling a better now, although I can tell he's still not feeling 100%.

Me, on the other hand, I feel vindicated. So does OmaKitty. :lol: Now I can focus on getting him feeling better - I just wanted him to suffer for a bit.

I'm sure the child protective services are happy I don't have human children LOL

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Coop don't feel so bad for the vindication... I love vidication... spcieallt=y when he eats something he isn't suppose to....

cute little story for you....

Yesterday Amanda came home from school... I was over at Lindas place. Amanda came over and said hey... we talked to her a couple minutes and then I told her to go to the house and get going on her chores after she brings me bag a soda... so she came back a couple minutes later with a white drop of something on her chin...

I asked her if she had drank milk... She said no... I siad tell the truth.. she said she was. well, I told her... first of all I hate(yes hate) liers adn theives... but if she is going to lie she will have to perfect it because I wil catch her every time... The funny thing was this whole time I knew she had because of the milk on her chin... and Linda saw it too... but Amanda had no idea that it was on her chin....

So after she went into her smiling no mom it wasn't me moment... I told her that she better wipe the milk off her chin... then her face turned red and she turned to linda and asked her if there was milk on her chin... Linda says yep there is... well, I then made her really mad when I told her to clean out the cab of the truck....

moral of this store... they never get away with the things they do.. we moms always catch them....

I would have saved the wrapper adn showed it to him when he was pooing tooo...

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
gosh these dogs are so.. pesky!
mine ate a box of chocolate cookies my hubby left out..
the pup didn't poo like crazy or vomit or ANYTHING..

he was just SEVERLY p!ssed off.. running around growling and screaming at everything and everything! :roll: (basically one of his non-stop tirades!)

sometimes i just want to give him choco to see if he'll be mr p!ssy again but i don't wanna kill the poor guy :twisted:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts