Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dixie is finally getting her rabies shot today and I am so freakin nervous! I'm scared for her... She has never had a reaction to the booster shots, but a rabies shot is different... :pale: Poor thing, I'm gonna feel so bad! They always have to hold her down cuz she moves too much :(

Well it's 1:43PM here in sunny Cali... One more hour until her appointment! Wish us luck!

·
Banned
1,474 Posts
Hope Dixie gets on o.k - poor girl :( - keep us updated on how her recovery goes :wave:

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
My vet always pretreats with a shot of benedryl. Maybe you can let them know you are really worried and ask them to do that. They've always advised me to give them 1/4 baby asprin afterwards also. Of course you need to check with your vet. Good luck! :wave:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Good luck to you and dixie!! i'm sure she'll be ok, but like SC said, ask them to give her some benadryl. chico hasn't had a reaction to any shots thank goodness, and hopefully he never will. let us know how she does :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dixie wasn't as bad as I thought she would be. They didn't pre-treat her with any benadryl, but told me to come back if she has any reactions. It's been 4 hours and she's fine. Still playful and happy as can be! Thank you everyone!!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
usmcjess said:
Ms Stephanie , where in cali are you from? We are in Vista by Camp Pendleton. :wave:

Glad she is doing well.
I live in San Jose soon to Las Vegas. From SJ, I think I'm like 5 hours away from you. :dontknow: But I'm not sure. :wave:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts