Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Megan and I am 24 years old. I am new to this forum, and to chihuahua's.
I am an experianced dog owner. I used to have a miniature pinscher named Bandit but he passed away last year at the age of 9. (he was sick).
Anyway, alittle more then a year after his passing. I decided to look for a new dog (and because the parents said i could finally have another dog).

So i decided I wanted something small with long hair. I found a chihuahua/pomeranian mix which was already adopted a few weeks past, nothing hit my eye until last Wednesday when I came across this cutie on petfiner:

Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Chihuahua | Lafayette, NJ | SISSY.

Her name is Sissy... She is 3 years old and really shy and timid around strangers. We met her on Friday and she wouldn't come near us the first hour then she came to check us out little by little, just a quick sniff and gone. she is really out going to the people she knows but she is still alittle timid w/ them but is open to them more.

Friday - she growled at me when i tried to pet her on the leash, while i tried petting her while she was being held, and when i tried to take the leash off.

So we went back on Saturday to continue to "bond." I was alittle iffy after the first meet, but decided to go again.

Saturday: she was more open to us then on Friday. This time my dad came. We brought her favorite treats. This time, she gave me a few kisses when i petted her on the leash and allowed me to take her leash off with some kisses. She even came on my lap a few times when i was giving her treats.

So with great progress, we are going back on Wednesday and bringing her home.

·
Registered
161 Posts
she's a cutie.. hope this site brings you the help and advice and just general friendliness its brought me and my little Chi X Biscuit

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Welcome to CP. She is a beautiful little girl. :)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Congrats on your new addition! And good for you in adopting your little girl. She is lovely as I said in your pic thread. :) She will come around as she gets more familiar with her new surroundings & family. I can't wait to hear how she adjusts in the next few weeks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts