Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Christy. I just adopted my Chihuahua mix puppy today from a rescue in Kentucky. His name is Bentley, he is 3 months old and FULL of energy! I have never seen a little dog with so much energy. He was dumped off at a shelter along with his Mother and siblings when he was just 3 days old. He was in limited space before an elderly couple adopted him. It wasn't long before the woman brought him back in tears. She loved him but couldn't keep up with him. Now we have him. I have 3 little girls. One 6 year old and 2 that are almost 4. They just love him and he is so happy to have kids to play with. Although he will not stay out of their toybox! Ha ha!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I don't know what his mix is. His Mother is a Chi and no one knows what his father was. He was the last puppy to go because he was the biggest one. He is smaller than he looks in the pictures. I've been told he looks to have some terrier in him. His guesstimated adult weight is 7.5 lbs but who knows what he will be:)

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Welcome! What fun!!
There are several here who foster, are involved with rescues or have mixes of their own. They will be great to give you ideas of what he may be mixed. Sounds like whatever he may be, he is 100% loved and that is the most important thing!
Congrats!

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Hello and Welcome, he is so cute, looks like quite the little ham :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks:) He is a great little dog. I wish I knew how big he was going to get. 2 weeks ago he was between 2-3 lbs. I don't know his weight right now. He is so much fun! I showed him to my neighbors today and they said "Did you get him from Henderson? Is his name Bentley?" Apparently their teenage daughter found him on Petfinder.com and has been driving them nuts to adopt him! LOL He is so sweet! I have had 2 people tell me he looks like a Jack Chi (Chi and Jack Russell Terrier). I am not sure what he looks like. lol

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Welcome! He does look like he has some jack russel. I believe a mix is good with children. They won't "break" as easily. My "Angel" is 7 months old and currently weighs in at 8lbs! He looks like your children will have loads of fun with him! Congrats and I wish you many years of happiness:p!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts