Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, i keep posting all the time, i just love this place!!

okay I'm supposed to go to hawaii in the summer (june, july,or august) and I can't take my baby chi with me. By the time June comes I will have been having contact with her for four months, and by august, it'll be 6 months. I don't want to get her, get her used to me, and then leave for two weeks, so do you all think i should wait till august to go to hawaii? I have to go, suggestions please!!

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I don't quite understand, sorry. Do you have your chi now? If not, when are you planning to get her?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shes coming home in april, but i see her every friday until then

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Oh I see. Well will she be staying with relatives while you are away or at a kennel? I personally don't see any problem with you going ahead and getting her if she will be staying with relatives or a friend while you are away. A kennel might be kind of hard on her with her being so young. Just my opionion, of course.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
she wil be staying with my parents while i'm out !

thank you :]]]

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i agree. she'll be fine staying in a home environment. kennels at such a young age could leave an impact on them. we recommend getting a sitter to people wanting to board their youngsters with us and a lot of the times a staff member gets hired for that. we'd rather have an animal feel safe and secure in home environment rather than profit from the boarding fees.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
The first time I left Bruiser he was not quite 6moths old. I had him for about 3months. We had to go on a trip and were gone for 10days, I left him with a wonderful friend. She has 6Chi's. so he had so much fun! I was so scared he would forget who I was?? :oops: The minute I walked in and picked him up---he went crazy!! :lol: I just dont like the thought of leaving mine in a Kennel :( Besides, with three Chi's it gets relly expensive!! :shock:

Now every year when we have to leave I tell my Chi Crew "are you ready to go to summer camp?" :lol: :wink: The same Lady keeps them every year for me. She is awesome!

sandra

1 - 9 of 9 Posts