Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hair is so baby fine, limp, and flat. I wash it with Matrix's Amplify shampoo, but it doesn't do any good. :?

I'm trying to grow it out, but it looks really weird b/c around my head and face it's flat but at the ends it's "fluffy" ... It's unproportional.

It's usually around this time that I start craving a perm. Then about a month after I get the perm I hate it and get it straightened. Then b/c it's so fine the combo of the straightener and perm damages it so I have no choice but to cut it off. Then I cry b/c it looks horrible short and spend the next 3-4 years growing it back out again. :shock: It's a vicious cycle.

The thing is, if I would just take the time in the mornings to "fix" my hair, it wouldn't look so flat and dull. But I want to get out of the shower, blow dry my hair, shake it out and look like a model! ;) :lol: I need easy hairstyles.

Any suggestions? Maybe I should Sinead it? ;)

·
Registered
661 Posts
having a little of the redhead thing too... BUT I have the opposite issue. I have just enough 'curl' in my hair that it can not be left to air dry or just blow dried. Have to curl or staighten it for it to be at all 'normal' and not a big ball of course frizz.
I used to always have perms, and have since swore them off.
Maybe find a hairstyle that works better with your hair's weight that's an easy fix in the mornings. Ask some of the people you know that have regular hair stylists if they'd recommend someone who's good at knowing what's best - not just someone who can cut your hair into what style you tell them.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah ... I need to find someone like that ... but how do you do that without taking a "risk" of having your hair chopped up like hamburger steak? :?

You know, it's funny ... my hair used to be board straight all over. I could let it dry naturally and it be as straight as a rod. Now? I can still let it dry naturally and it's mostly straight ... except for this big wave right in the middle of the back of my head!!! :lol: I keep hoping that it will get that way all over b/c I'd love to do the "messy bedhead" look ... now when I try it just looks like a rats nest! :D

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I almost have that bed head look. My hair is stuck inbetween straight and wavy. Like it has no idea what it wants to do. I wish it would go perfectly straight.

Have you posted pics of yourself before Shannon? I'd like to see what your hair looks like and don't remember seeing a picture of you. :oops:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Next time you're at the mall keep your eyes open... and if you see a woman with hair you admire, ask her where she gets it cut. I've found it's the best way to find a good hairdresser. Most women are more than happy to share that information with you.

I have fine hair too, stick straight. I got perms for about a gazillion years, then just cut it real short. Wore it short for another gazillion years, then decided I was sick to death of haircuts every 6 weeks. I had neither the time nor the money to spend anymore. My last cut was this past New Year's Eve and I've been letting it grow ever since. I still want to whack it off on a pretty regular basis but I don't. Once it's long enough I'm just going to pull it back and be done with it. I sorta don't care anymore but you're young and you still need to care. :lol:

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Of COURSE I need to care Rach, I have to catch me a man! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

And yeah, I've posted pics of myself before Kari. I *think* I'm in the photos of yourself thread. I'll go check it out and link it here if I am. I just tried to link to photobucket, but it's screwed up ... AGAIN! :x

It's back up ... here is a pic of me back in June. You can see how flat my hair is here. The one of me in the members photos thread isn't a good one b/c I'd taken the time to fix it and make it fluffy that day! ;)

·
Registered
534 Posts
What about after you wash it, using gel or mouse, and then you can either scrunch it while drying or let it air dry?

I have masses of really curly hair..(ugggg) and its just as bad, it does what it wants,when it wants..and everytime I fight with it...I loose.

My niece has fine ,limp hair, and she uses the mouse...it looks really cute when shes done. :wave:

·
Registered
897 Posts
I think your hair looks great! I wish mine looked like that. I have the same baby fine straight hair. I cannot stand it. I cannot find a good hairstyle at all. If you find something that works for you, I would love to hear about it!

·
Registered
340 Posts
How about layers to make your hair look thicker, just not to short on top. I use one of those really big hair brushes, that helps add volume to your hair when blowdrying along with a thickening spray. Id recommend going to a reputable hairdressers though, I made the mistake of going to a small business one and ending up having my hair ruined resulting in having to wear a head band for weeks :evil: But thoses brushes really help...

Or you could always have extensions, just go for european hair. Just an idea :lol:

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Hmm i agree with the brushes. My hair is just normal - a bit boring but i like it. Its long and brown and medium thickness. but if i leave it to dry naturally it goes curly!

Rachael i have never seen a piccy of you ever!

xxxx

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Faye, I don't think she has EVER posted one!! :D

Shannon, I like your hair! I think it's very pretty! :wink:

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks guys ... that picture was taken back in June, so it's a little longer now. It's still sticking to my head though. I have a big brush, I'm just lazy! I also have the cremes, gels, and mousses I could use ... again, LAZY! :)

I guess I just need to spend a little more time on it! :)

·
Registered
718 Posts
My sister has stick straight hair just past the shoulders, it's really nice and shiny and not super fine, but she wanted a change. She left the length and got a choppy layered cut and it looks great! I could see that working for you. My hair is one of the things I actually like...I don't really even have to brush it. It's wavy but straightens very easily too, so I can't complain. I think your hair looks nice though...just promise you'll never change the colour!!! :D

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
When I moved to VA, my hair went totally limp. I use to get my hair cut in FL at Dillards, but the Dillards in VA doesn't have a salon, so I tried JCPenney's. I was really happy. I also tried Matrix volumnizing shampoo, conditioner, and gel. I LOVE the gel. It really gives my hair a lift. Also, I've found that alternating shampoos really helps. For the beginning of the week, I'll use the Matrix, then the end of the week, I'll use Paul Mitchell. I've been doing this for years. Ever wonder why when you go to a salon your hair feels so clean after they wash it? Could it be becuase it's a different shampoo and your hair gets "use" to a particular shampoo. I know it probably sounds strange, but it seems to be working for me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts