Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Lacey's new thing is to sit down completely on the pee pad while she pees. Her hair all around her bum and on her legs is apparently permanently yellow and icky unless someone here can offer a suggestion.
I've tried bath wipes, and I just can't get her clean with them. I can't give her an actual bath every time she pees. WHAT DO I DO!? I'm so grossed out by this white dog with a yellow backside. I don't want her sitting on me or on my furniture all covered in pee!
-shudders-

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does she have knee problems? before Tabitha had her LP surgery she was getting really
low on the pee pad--her knee wouldn't bend because the kneecap was out :(
Nope. She's just a stubborn almost 2-year old. She keeps changing her potty habits...one day she's afraid to go on the pee pad, next day she sits on the pad all day staring at me and pees next to the pad. She can't make up her mind. Anyways, point of this is her knees are fine. She almost lays down on the pad to pee. (she has NO PROBLEM holding herself up to pee on my rug, of course :foxes15:)

·
Registered
580 Posts
I saw this, Amazon.com: E-Z Groom - Crystal White Enzyme Shampoo, 16 oz: Kitchen & Dining I didn't try it out or anything so don't take my word for it, but I came across it on other dog forums and people were raving about it so I bookmarked it just in case. It's an enzyme based shampoo, so it might work wonders on the pee stains.

Unfortunately I don't know how to train a dog to pee lifted up...

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
♥ Marabou ♥;895981 said:
I saw this, Amazon.com: E-Z Groom - Crystal White Enzyme Shampoo, 16 oz: Kitchen & Dining I didn't try it out or anything so don't take my word for it, but I came across it on other dog forums and people were raving about it so I bookmarked it just in case. It's an enzyme based shampoo, so it might work wonders on the pee stains.

Unfortunately I don't know how to train a dog to pee lifted up...
Hmm that shampoo looks interesting. My issue is that I can't live with a pee-covered dog, and I don't think giving her a bath every time she pees is terribly practical/convenient/possible. Haha
She gets really witchy when she's dirty, too. Why can't dogs be logical and just figure out that if they sit/lie down in their pee they will then be dirty? :tongue3:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
That pie comment is too funny. I wonder if catching her in the act and telling her no or something would traumatize her. What a dilemma. If it makes you feel any better, when Clover has an attack of soft stool on her pad in her big kennel, sometimes she panics and runs all in it. I come home to one heck of a mess. Then I have to bathe her feet and butt, which makes her more upset.

My big dog Shiloh never learned how to do his business properly. He does it horizontally. So I have to shave his butt every month. lovely . . . dogs . . .

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I feel for you. My little 16 week old has taken to peeing with just her front legs on the pad - very helpful, lots of mopping for Mummy. I know it's not an option for you to be with her for every pee but i've taken to swinging Chloe's but around onto the pad as soon as I see her squat. Maybe you could lift Lacey up into the correct position while she is mid pee and if you repeat it enough and praise her a lot she will start to get it.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That pie comment is too funny. I wonder if catching her in the act and telling her no or something would traumatize her. What a dilemma. If it makes you feel any better, when Clover has an attack of soft stool on her pad in her big kennel, sometimes she panics and runs all in it. I come home to one heck of a mess. Then I have to bathe her feet and butt, which makes her more upset.

My big dog Shiloh never learned how to do his business properly. He does it horizontally. So I have to shave his butt every month. lovely . . . dogs . . .
Hehehe! That does make me feel a bit better. Her other "fun" thing is that whenever she poops, she runs away from it. She'll start going on the pad, and the second she hears a piece hit the pad, she jumps and runs off leaving a poo trail behind her (or attached to her. Ew.). I'm over that. It's this new "let me sit/lie in my pee while it soaks into the pad" thing that's got me groaning and gagging now!

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Thanks! I think you mean her front-end is pretty, though. Seriously. Her bum looks like she sat in a lemon meringue pie! :rolleyes:
Oh! you are a hoot! I was rolling on the floor with that answer. I'm new to this forum and don't know anything, but I did see that she is 2yrs old. Is this something new? Are you with her enough that every time you see her do it right could you laugh and clap and cheer "good girl" and give her a treat? That's how I puppy pad trained Lulu and it was a breeze (fingers crossed).

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I feel for you. My little 16 week old has taken to peeing with just her front legs on the pad - very helpful, lots of mopping for Mummy. I know it's not an option for you to be with her for every pee but i've taken to swinging Chloe's but around onto the pad as soon as I see her squat. Maybe you could lift Lacey up into the correct position while she is mid pee and if you repeat it enough and praise her a lot she will start to get it.
I love that idea. Unfortunately, Lacey will ONLY go potty when I'm not watching. She'll hold it for hours and hours (she's actually held it for as long as a day) if she thinks I might catch her going. She's insane; I'm tellin' ya!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh! you are a hoot! I was rolling on the floor with that answer. I'm new to this forum and don't know anything, but I did see that she is 2yrs old. Is this something new? Are you with her enough that every time you see her do it right could you laugh and clap and cheer "good girl" and give her a treat? That's how I puppy pad trained Lulu and it was a breeze (fingers crossed).
Lacey's still learning that I'm not out to kill her. I've had her for less than a month. She's just starting to figure out that if I'm standing, I'm not going to stomp on her or chase her. She waits and waits and waits until I'm either not home or taking a shower to go to the bathroom. The few times she's gone with me in sight, she freaks out and runs into her bed while still going to the bathroom. Despite the fact that she's been using pee pads all her life, she seems to think she's doing something wrong by using them.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
God love her. I'm certainly not saying the place/person you got her from did anything, but it sounds like something tramatic happened to her in connection with toileting and she has not forgotten (I have figured out it does not take much to tramatize a chihuahua). I think when she sees you are not going to kill her--lol--things will change. Until then, my heart goes out to you. I have had Lulu almost 4 yrs. and got her when she was 9 weeks old. She has never known anything but my home and knows it and me WELL, but she is still skiddish sometimes. I never give her reason to be--I think it's just a chihuahua thing.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
God love her. I'm certainly not saying the place/person you got her from did anything, but it sounds like something tramatic happened to her in connection with toileting and she has not forgotten (I have figured out it does not take much to tramatize a chihuahua). I think when she sees you are not going to kill her--lol--things will change. Until then, my heart goes out to you. I have had Lulu almost 4 yrs. and got her when she was 9 weeks old. She has never known anything but my home and knows it and me WELL, but she is still skiddish sometimes. I never give her reason to be--I think it's just a chihuahua thing.
It's just strange, because she was FINE with the pads and after about a week of being here, she decided they were the devil and would only pee on my rug. I have since gated off my tiny kitchen (it's only about 3 feet of floor space) and she isn't allowed out of "jail" until her pottying is done. Maybe she's catching onto that and she thinks rushing things (like sitting/lying down) is the best way to get out of jail sooner? Who knows what goes on in that pee---I mean, pea---brain of hers. She's pretty darn lucky she's cute and that her ferret brothers have taught me patience.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.