Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leila is in her crate right now :) She just goes in there and lays down and chews on a toy or rests. AH! I keep the door open on it and it's by my desk, so i am frequently sitting here on the puter so she's BY MOMMA! lol
I'm so relieved she likes it. My other dogs are crate trained and it's so nice. They have a place to go to "get away" or when i'm having alot of people over i can lock them up haha
They *other dogs* are 110% housetrained though, so I don't need crates for that purpose. They would literally let themselves explode before they'd do something in the house. Not LEILA though, I clean her pees up daily. :mad:

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
That's good! If at 6 months you're having problems with her house training I'd use it for that purpose lock her in after her meals and 30 mins later take her out for a pee she should e able to hold her bladder for a good while

I love crate training I think it makes toilet truing a lot easier

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I'm glad she likes her crate! AJ has the same one, I introduced him to it when he was 3 mos old when we were traveling. We don't use it around the house much though, I do use it sometimes when we have a lot of company over.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I am glad to hear she likes her crate, that makes it so much easier. I love having my dogs crate trained, they love having a place they can go and 'get away' when needed.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
sarah, MOST of the accidents are from after she's been startled by something or when my hubby leans over and pats her (i keep telling him to squat down and not act so excited). She still sometimes will squirt when i pick her up but not nearly as much. It's v frustrating. :(
Maybe it's more a bladder issue than house training issue?
My husband's parents had a dog that required medication due to a weak bladder.
I'd say it's submissive but then the part where you pick her up and she leaks a bit makes me wonder about the bladder.

Did you ever mention it to your vet?

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No i haven't but i will when she goes next, which will be soon.
I am sure it's submissive because she is a VERY submissive dog. She's constantly rolling on her back, lol. The pee is squirting out before i really even get my hands on her. She is good at holding when she is in her pen. She like NEVER uses her potty pad anymore and i take her out first thing in the morn. and lots of times during the day and she goes every single time. So i know she can hold it.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
It mist be submissive if she's got control like that poor baby. I don't have any experience in this but I've read everyone should stay calm and relaxed and wait till she calms downs before u pet her!!! Bless her

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Thats great that she likes her crate :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts