Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been following the story of John Weinhart and the Colton Tiger Rescue ever since the facility was found he was arrested. If you don't know anything about it, this horrible, horrible man was keeping both dead and live tigers, cougars and other big cats at a "rescue" he operated - needless to say, the conditions were deplorable and the word "abuse" did not even begin to describe what the cats were going through.

The Humane Society has a page dedicated to the story of the Colton Tigers which is not as graphic and saddening as the Save the Tigers website (this one has too many photos of dead tigers for me).

Anyway, I just checked and found out that JERK (for lack of a better four-letter word) only got TWO years in jail for abusing over 50 animals for a prolonged period of time!! I am sooooo angry he didn't get a longer jail sentence. I mean, someone that keeps decaying animals in their home with a small child running around and dead cubs in their freezer while neglecting over 50 live animals should really get a longer sentence, in my opinion.

I just hope he gets a longer sentence when they take him up on his child endangerment charges. And I guess he will sleep well tonight knowing me and a million other people can't get our hands around his neck.

I was happy to hear that all the tigers that weren't sent to different rescues or sanctuaries have now been removed from the facility and taken to a sanctuary built just for them. I have many friends that live in California or actually moved to CA to help out with the feeding and care of the animals and I know when the last tiger left, it was a bittersweet day for them.

I'm just angry right now that someone could do that and, basically, get away with it.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Yup...that's "Justice" for ya...

you can kill a person and get out in less than 10 (seen it)

BUT god forbid you sell Marijuana or other drugs and you get 20 years...(I personally went through this with a family member)

:roll:

Now does that make sense?

I wish they had stricter laws on animal abuse....their helpless... :x

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
You don't want to get me started because I'd like to see him locked away forever and everyone else that abuses animals. Of course I don't get the laws on a lot of things, such as the ones SunnyFlMum mentioned. It makes no sense at all.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
His wife was sentenced to something like 180 days and she's going to serve her term on the weekends only.

I've come full circle from calm, then angry, then really angry, to calm again. I would LOVE to sit in a room with the person responsible for their sentences and have them justify such little time for such a horrible crime to me - while someone that didn't hurt anyone can sit in jail for many years or even life.

I'm incredibly happy he and his wife were found guilty ... I just can't make the sentence fit the crime in this case. Okay, now I'm starting all over with being angry ... I'm going to go to the pictures thread and look at puppies again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts