Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive never used a wax hair remover before, i havent a lot of hair but when i was younger i used to shave my legs and under arms or use a cream hair remover, as ive got older :oops: i have less hair or its got finer.Well i sent off for a free sample of the new wax hair remover one advertised every minute on the television in UK.I read the instructions ( or thought i had) i had previously laughed at the men who have their backs de haired and scream like a baby in the beauty programmes, what a fuss they made, it dosent hurt, well not if you can pull it and if ive had babies i can put up with anything! :lol: Well i decided to do my bikini line as a treat for my hubby 8) hubbys worried and saying 'please dont do it! i say its okay I rubbed the wax to make it warm put it on and yanked, my goodness the pain, i tried again ,but just couldnt do it properly,as it hurt too much, im now walking round with this wax stuck to me and not knowing how to get rid of it, thinking im gonna be like this forever ( walking bow legged) go to the bathroom to wash it off ( it doesnt wash off), so hubby tries to shave it off for me that doesnt work either,the wax is drying and getting harder,im about to phone the helpline when i spot a little sachet in with the wax,it says 'to remove the wax residue', my goodness ive never been so please to see a wetwipe in my life,of course it worked and came off, so after 'sorting' myself out, hubby sighing a sigh of complete relief, saying i love you so much, the things you do for me,lol.Just to all those Wax Virgins out there please be careful and do a leg first!!!! :D P.S.Im a bit sore but have just used some aloe vera. :wink:

·
Registered
675 Posts
lol im so sorry but i couldnt help laugh at this!!!!! ahhh the memories! i was like that when i started waxing, and yes i too started with my bikini line for my bf :wink: dont worry... it does get easier/ less painful!!
i hate that advert! those girls obviously shave their legs so wouldnt be enough hair to wax anyway!

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
LOL that story was funny but I definitely winced while reading it. Waxing for the first time is soo painful. I'm glad your hubby appreciated your efforts though. :wink:

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive just read it back and its so funny in an embarrissing sort of way, but it wasnt when it happened:oops: :lol:

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
awww lol thats so funny
i started on my bikinni and it used to kill
but now ive learnt to stretch the skin back tighly lol and pull away from the direction the hair grows lol
i can do the top of the bikinni great but further down its so sensitive (i have sensitive skin) that it bleeds lolol TMIF
But I think Im going to try and have it done at a salon...
anyone else had it done at a salon? :shock:

·
Registered
510 Posts
I hate waxing on my own :x . I must be terrable at it. Lucky for me I started with my lower legs because I was sure I wouldn't hurt there. Well it did :( and it only took of small patches of hair. Though I must admit I don't think the hair in those places ever came back :shock: , I killed them lol :wink: . It was such a mess and a pain if I ever wax again, I am going to get it done by a pro, and would recamend a pro to anyone who asked me.

·
Registered
587 Posts
well the bikini area is ONLY THE MOST PAINFUL AREA!!!! Legs are painful too but arms dont hurt (i dont wax i just know from my sister), i have gotten my eyebrows done a few times but it made me break out and it was really ugly... so i pluck now... but no waxing for me either!!

·
Registered
568 Posts
This is so funny. Sorry. :oops: I don't wax at home anymore either. I would rather get it done professionally. The first time I waxed my eyebrows I pulled a bunch of skin off with it. My eyebrows were red for weeks and I couldn't put make up on them because they hurt so bad.

Live and learn. :D

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Im really good at plucking eyebrows lol if I have to be big-headed lol so I dont wax them
When you have a brazillian I heard they do erm... well erm... it ALL! Id love it done seriously lol :oops: but Id be so embaressed with someone else doing it and fiddling about down there lol Im probs too young for a full wax though lol?!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Ohhhhh yeah...baaaddd news. I had that wax all balled up in the pubes I planned on keeping, ended up cutting it out. I looked like a poodle with a home-cut, so ended up shaving it ALL off....and oh boy wasn't it fun when the hair was growing back. Must've looked like I had the ole critters in the britches, cause I sure did scratch!
Never again for me...I vote NO! :lol: :oops:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
One of the few benefits of growing older is much, much less hair to remove! :lol:

Only time I've ever had waxing done was the eyebrows, and it hurt like heck! And it was done at a salon. I can only imagine how it must feel.

I know it wasn't funny at the time it happened, but I couldn't help but laugh. Hope your hubby appreciates what you go through to be beautiful for him. :lol:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Ooooo gosh im not sure if i shoud be telling you all this but i get mine done pro i have it done in heart shapes!!! it kills best advice is take 2 pain killers before hand...an ice pack and something to bite on lol!!

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sachem said:
Ohhhhh yeah...baaaddd news. I had that wax all balled up in the pubes I planned on keeping, ended up cutting it out. I looked like a poodle with a home-cut, so ended up shaving it ALL off....and oh boy wasn't it fun when the hair was growing back. Must've looked like I had the ole critters in the britches, cause I sure did scratch!
Never again for me...I vote NO! :lol: :oops:
Say it like it is.....your so funny, i had/did/ and got exactly the same :D :lol: :oops:

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
chimom said:
One of the few benefits of growing older is much, much less hair to remove! :lol:

Only time I've ever had waxing done was the eyebrows, and it hurt like heck! And it was done at a salon. I can only imagine how it must feel.

I know it wasn't funny at the time it happened, but I couldn't help but laugh. Hope your hubby appreciates what you go through to be beautiful for him. :lol:
Hubby was so worried poor thing,lol.im older (48)and yes theres much less but enough to all gluped up :oops:

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Iamafairy said:
Ooooo gosh im not sure if i shoud be telling you all this but i get mine done pro i have it done in heart shapes!!! it kills best advice is take 2 pain killers before hand...an ice pack and something to bite on lol!!
Wow heart shape, great!!! i was going for that strip down the middle or as i messed up i tried the 'all gone' look, couldnt manage either :lol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts