Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we are 90% sure cujo has gotten his other ball but we're gonna have to vet check soon and have it be denfinate(sp?)Im so happy, about this time next year we'll have pups maybe we might wait alittle long but still cujo and princess will have beautiful babies!Im so excited!

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
thats great news , dont take this the wrong way but have ytou had your dogs checked by a lkocal responsible breeder or judge or handler to see if they conform to standard ? good l;uck though :wave:

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Well Let me say great news!!! Now let me say if he is or has thought to been cryptorchid then you dont want to breed him because he will pass this on to his puppies :wink:

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we've had cujo check for lots and we're gonna be looking more into other stuff very soon. Our vet said the most likely the reason we could not see his other ball is because he's so small ,he's almost 6 months and not even 4 lbs and that he might come around just wait another month and then come back and he'll do tests and stuff. But the vet said if he did get his other one he's a very good male for breeding.Also cujo dont have papers. If anyone has some advice about breeding and stuff to get her and cujo tested for please , post away :D

Lori i would greatly appreciate advice from you :D

·
Registered
538 Posts
OK....at the risk of upsetting some peiople on here, I just have to give my opinion (they were asking, after all) My opinion is: Breeding of any breed should be left to experienced breeders. People who are very very knowledgable about their specific breed. Unregistered pets SHOULD NOT be bred under any circumstances. They should all be altered. Now, I realize that sometimes people have the best intentions, but breeding should be left to professionals. I'm not saying that unregistered animals don't make good pets. I have one myself. And do you want to know how I got him: A backyard breeder who got both the male and female from a pet shop (most likely from puppy mills) thought it would be fun to have a litter of pups. Mine was one of the last two that she couldn't get rid of. If I hadn't taken him, he would have gone to a shelter. She said that they were now disrupting her household. An experienced, ethical breeder would not have done this. This is why there are so many pets being euthanized every day. I'm very sorry if I have upset anyone, but it doesn't sound like this person is being very ethical if she's trying to gain information about breeding unregistered animals on a forum on the internet!

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
MYCHIBABY said:
OK....at the risk of upsetting some peiople on here, I just have to give my opinion (they were asking, after all) My opinion is: Breeding of any breed should be left to experienced breeders. People who are very very knowledgable about their specific breed. Unregistered pets SHOULD NOT be bred under any circumstances. They should all be altered. Now, I realize that sometimes people have the best intentions, but breeding should be left to professionals. I'm not saying that unregistered animals don't make good pets. I have one myself. And do you want to know how I got him: A backyard breeder who got both the male and female from a pet shop (most likely from puppy mills) thought it would be fun to have a litter of pups. Mine was one of the last two that she couldn't get rid of. If I hadn't taken him, he would have gone to a shelter. She said that they were now disrupting her household. An experienced, ethical breeder would not have done this. This is why there are so many pets being euthanized every day. I'm very sorry if I have upset anyone, but it doesn't sound like this person is being very ethical if she's trying to gain information about breeding unregistered animals on a forum on the internet!
................ I agree with you :(

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks everyone, but it's my moms choice not mine :( depending on how many they have , we wont sell them because we want to keep one , my brother wants one, my other brother and his wife want one, and my other brother and his gf want one. is this making me sound really bad?im trying to word this the best i can. :?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts