Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone want to help me out? I'm mostly doing it to stay organized and busy, I do this with EVERYTHING I always have my lists and crunching numbers and whatnot... but anyway...!

I just want to figure out what I will make her timeline. Like when I'll feed her meals and when playtime will be, and training time or whatnot... I'm not sure what a puppy schedule should look like!

I am going to do the method my breeder suggested, by keeping her confined except for supervised play times with only enough space for potty and bed for training purposes.

Can anyone throw out an idea or two?

I should probably include my personal schedule! Tuesday through Saturday I watch a friend's baby from 5am-3pm. I get up and receive her and usually go back to bed until around 7:30 or 8 ish. On days I have off we usually can sleep in until about 9. I don't have a set time frame for when WE eat.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Are you puppy pad training or pottying outdoors??

IF your going outside.. i'd be inclined to take her out at 5am on the days your up than put her back in her bed until you get up.. take her out immediately when you get back up and then give her breakfast (after you've had yours tho.. your pack leader remember) Then go out to potty again and she'll prob want a bit of a snooze.. then when she wakes up we go potty again then play time.. then potty again and a snooze, potty again, then lunch time... then potty again and bed time.. then potty, then snooze, then tea time, potty and snooze, then potty, then play, then potty, then dinner, then potty then bed time.. getting up to potty prob 2 more times before you go to sleep!!

This is what i did with Daisy and im going to boast my head off but i got her at 8 1/2 weeks.. she is now 27 weeks and we've had 10 potty accidents since i got her.. only 2 being poos and that waws coz i got cocky and thought she was trained sooner than she was

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I would also expect you to have to take her for potty at about 6am - 7am every morning regardless of if you're having a lay in.. but you can pop her straight back into bed.. i still get up with her about 6am - 7am take her out and go straight backf to bed even if its just for half an hour til i'm ready to get up.. she's good tho and wimpers if she needs a wee

·
Registered
154 Posts
Are you puppy pad training or pottying outdoors??

IF your going outside.. i'd be inclined to take her out at 5am on the days your up than put her back in her bed until you get up.. take her out immediately when you get back up and then give her breakfast (after you've had yours tho.. your pack leader remember) Then go out to potty again and she'll prob want a bit of a snooze.. then when she wakes up we go potty again then play time.. then potty again and a snooze, potty again, then lunch time... then potty again and bed time.. then potty, then snooze, then tea time, potty and snooze, then potty, then play, then potty, then dinner, then potty then bed time.. getting up to potty prob 2 more times before you go to sleep!!

This is what i did with Daisy and im going to boast my head off but i got her at 8 1/2 weeks.. she is now 27 weeks and we've had 10 potty accidents since i got her.. only 2 being poos and that waws coz i got cocky and thought she was trained sooner than she was
That's exactly our routine with lola... And she has had 1 accident so far.. I'm up at 5.30-6.00 am most mornings anyway with my children!! Her breeder had got her paper/pad trained but as soon as we had her home she was straight on the garden!!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not potty training her for outside, she's already been going in the litterbox at the breeders and I bought the same one. I do want her to know she can GO outside but that's not where she'll be going primarily.. What do I do in that case? I will place her in her littlerbox at those times instead of taking her outside though. :)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Chandoll I did the same my vet said it was fine to put her outside for toilet breaks.

Heather yes put her in at those times and keep her in there when she starts going give her a command and praise her. They go alot until they are about 5 months seriously all the time. One thing I will say is when you take her to friends or family houses take her outside immediately to go toilet I did this and frequently took her out whilst we were there prob once every hour.

Granted daisy is totally house broken but she now knows where she goes everywhere we go and waits by the back door to be let out everywhere I just need her yo make a noise!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts