Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have een in touch with a breeder ad she has a beautiful little cream boy for sale and looking at him he is perfect for showing, everything seems right, the breeder has answered all my questions and supplied loads of photos via email.

Two things

The breeder is in cornwall, at least a 4 hour drive if the traffic is good otherwise longer.

Jake is gonna be poorly for at least 4 months and my motherly intuition is telling me I should wait till Jake is over his operations before considering bringing another dog into the house.

I also at first wanted a bitch but this little boy is beautiful, he is also a solid cream and I was thinking more in the lines of a Blue or Red Fawn but then when you see a dog you like all other ideas go out the window.

That happened with my horse, I didn't want
A chestnut
Anything with white socks
Nothing under 4 years of age
Not a full Hackney

My horse has all four of what I never wanted lol

The cream dog is ready to go now but I do know her dog has also just mated with her friends two bitches so her pups will be ready in about 3-4 months pending on how old she lets them go.

What would you do....

·
Registered
614 Posts
If i was you i would just wait until the litters are born and get one of them as Jake would be on the mend by then. Either way it's up to you.

·
Registered
460 Posts
personally i'd wait. I mean jake might want to play and if you end up having to keep them separate it might ruin the relationship between them as the new little boy wont have known jake from being young.

but totally your choice hun,
xx

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
I think I would wait as well. Little Jake may feel left out if he can't run and play with the little fellow. You want him to be able to heal up as soon as possible. That's just MOP.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
I would most definitely wait for Jake's sake. Jake is gonna need a lot of extra care and attention and he is suppose to be relaxed and quiet for almost 4 months. A new puppy will cause stress, anxiety and changes in Jake's environment that he will have a tough time handling while on the mend. He may not like sharing his mom either!

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I would go with your instincts. If you think it may be best to wait until Jake is doing better and is recovered, then maybe you should wait. A woman's instinct is *almost* always right ;)

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been thinking all night.. and have decided to wait and your replies show that is the right decision. I'll email the breeder and thank her for her time and explain why now I can't take on another dog.

Cheers

Deme

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Deme you are right to wait--it wouldn't be good for Jake or the puppy. Much better to have everyone in good form when you bring a new pup home.

I know exactly what you mean about--I am looking for this in a pup and not that and then you walk away with the pup that you never ever thought you'd get--hehehe--- my Rico is one of those !!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have emailed the breeder and waiting to see what she says, I hope she doesn't think I have been messing her about as I never foreseen these operations with Jake.

Marie it may be a different breeder or she told me a different price but her cream boy she says is selling for £1400

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
I have emailed the breeder and waiting to see what she says, I hope she doesn't think I have been messing her about as I never foreseen these operations with Jake.

Marie it may be a different breeder or she told me a different price but her cream boy she says is selling for £1400
where is she located?

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
My 2 play so rough, I would be so scared of Jake getting hurt after his op. You wouldnt want all that good work being undone by a bit of rough play.

Its great that your being ruled by your head and not your heart tho. I am completely impatient and when i see something i want i have to have it! Its not a good thing about me!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts