Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our neighbors all went CRAZY! M80's, giant big starburst types, roman candles-the WORKS! For hours.

My girls who jump when a door is shut too hard and who bark at any strange or sudden sound were...COMPLETELY SILENT and seemingly unaware of the madness going on outside. Not a peep from either. We are happy AND stunned.

Our only guess is that they were still suffering the trauma of having our squealing 11 month old granddaughter visit for a few days. She said, "pup, pup" from the moment she woke up until she fell fast asleep. That girl is the fastest crawler and she chased them for days. They found places to hide and fled to "higher ground" where she could not get to them.

So, fireworks the next day had to be like nothing to them! I just would not have guessed they would have responded so well. I anticipated a looooong night last night but did not have it!

Hope your babies did well!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I am glad they did well. I went to see Fireworks downtown where we live and was shocked at all the dogs that were there. It upset me to see a puppy that was a mere 6 - 8 weeks old. The first firework blasted and it scared the daylights out of the wee one, it freaked out the whole show. Bless his heart :-(

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi we live sort of in the country so alot of our neighbors enjoy popping the firecrackers my husband and i usually sit on our porch and enjoy their doings my buster barked a little then stated to shake like he was cold which he wasnt he was afraid of the comotion so inside we all went and he settled down in the comfort of his nice quiet home

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I ended up woith four scared dogs on my lap, trembling, through most of the fireworks. Luckily, they stopped at 10:30 and they all calmed down after that. It was not a fun night for them or me.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
My husband lite off some because my grandsons where up for a week. I had Amberleah in her cave bed with TV on, plus air was on that loud. I had him test it see if she was OK she slept through the whole thing. The next morning a neighbor on other road came to door said to me I would appreciate if you didn't light fire works because it put his horse in a rampage and busted threw the fence. He said if we were going to light them again to let him know so he can contain the horse. well I do really feel bad but this guy knew it was the 4th and should have had the horse contained just encase someone did light some. What really makes me upset is we are always quit never a peep out of us, but the neighbors right next door are always so loud and start up machine like tractor and 4 wheelers at 7am on sat and Sun and its right next to our bedroom my husband get up at 5am everyday during week and sat and sun only days to sleep in. Plus the have live bands there till wee hours of morning. that literately shake things off my walls. We live in a area where there is not any noise ordinance. plus their dog run is 30 feet from our bedroom and they have lots of barking dogs all hours of the night and day . So one night of the year we make some noise for 1/2 hour makes me upset. the fact that he said he can contain the horse and make it so he is not scared he should have done it on the 4th.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Mine weren't bothered in the least either. I too noticed several dogs at the community fireworks I went to and couldn't believe it. Why would you want to torture your dog like that??

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Didn't phase my two that we noticed. We didn't have any to shoot off, but they were fairly close by in the neighborhood, and neither dog flinched, even when I took them outside to potty before bedtime.

I was pretty impressed...I've had big dogs that would tear the back door down at the first hint of thunder or a firecracker!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts