Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!!!

I have been very blessed with CA weather in Northern California, but now I live in Souther California and seems like schools is bit hectic. I used to enjoy walking my dog out 3 times a day and I used to walk them for almost 3 hours a day because my dogs loved walking. But now I feel depressed trapped in the city. So many cars and I now feel so scared to walk my dog outside... Like the neighborhood isn't so great so I would feel better if I could potty train my dog in-door...

Kaito is 3 years old. From 8 weeks he had been potty trained out-doors and have never used pee-pad before... Because we live in the city, we now walk him 2 a day and I feel sorry for him. Is there a chance of me getting him to potty indoors?? And if I could how should I go about this??

·
Registered
110 Posts
I don't have much training experience because I've not had my chi long, but my lily uses a litter tray as I don't have a back garden and live in the city. I just lined a large litter tray with news paper and a puppy pad and put it by the back door and at first led her to that every hour, now she goes to it of her own accord, shes such a clever little puppy. I imagine you'd have to do this for a longer period of time with an older dog but i'm sure it can be done. Good luck! xx

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
That is a great idea. The only thing I would add, is get some kleenex and sop up some urine while he is going, then put the tissue on the tray. Same with poo---you only need a little of both. Praise like mad, when he goes near the tray.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts