Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today my baby has passed! I can not believe it and my heart is broken! She was only 23 months old. Nini was the reason for my happiness in life. The reason to come home to, wake up. I cant belive my little peanut is gone! May God bless her soul and keep her by my side forever. Today has been the worst day in my 32 yrs. Nini my love, I will miss you forever and keep you in my heart always. I am in such disbelf and denial. You mean the word to me and I cant believe you are gone. I love you baby! Love, Mama & Papa

I Only Wanted You Nini

They say memories are golden
well maybe that is true.
I never wanted memories,
I only wanted you.
A million times I needed you,
a million times I cried.
If love alone could have saved you
you never would have died.
In life I loved you dearly,
in death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place
no one could ever fill.
If tears could build a stairway
and heartache make a lane,
I'd walk the path to heaven
and bring you back again.
Our family chain is broken,
and nothing seems the same.
But as God calls us one by one,
the chain will link again

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. If I may ask, what happened to her? She was so young. :(

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I'm so very sorry. :( :( :( What a beautiful poem.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. That was a very beautiful poem. I lost my Sebastian at about 22 months so I know how difficult it can be.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
OH No I am so sorry (((((HUGS))))) R.I.P Nini

·
Registered
41 Posts
Oh, Van, I am so sorry for your loss. She was so young. I lost my little girl Becky 12 days ago, so I understand completely what you are going through.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Why Nini passed away... my thoughts

Thanks to all for your beautiful blessings. Nini had stopped eating about 1 month ago. She went from weighting 2.13 pds, 2.7 to 2 pds. She was always a very picky eater. Plus we moved from hse to an apt, so I thought she was depressed and that had an affect on her. I took her to 3 diff vets. Her regular vet was monitoring her blood levels a little high said she was animic. So I was monitoring her blood 1x a wk. Her reg vet even put her on prednisone to try to open her appetite. She continued to loss weight was getting hunched back, the hairs down her back were all standing up & tail completly tucked inside her butt. She looked very fragile and weird. Nini did not want to eat at all, nor wanted to go on walks anymore. I tried cooking her EVERYTHING chicken, cottage cheese, yogert, can'd food, even gerber baby food. My husband took her to his family vet and he said she was a very delicate dog. That she had to eat dog food only and she has gastritis. I ended up taking her to the emergency vet on monday night bc she was sooo weak. They put an iv on her back. Next day took her reg vet , they put another IV on her, b12 complex shot (2 one received in 1 month) and tube feed her and sent her home. That whole day she was eating like never before. I gave her pedialite, corn syrup (because vet told me her temp was low) She licked me all night long. Nini was filled with liquid (iv) pockets throughout her body. She urinated alot which vet told me was normal. Well the next morning you know the rest. Her vet did a biopsy and found all her organs in good condition, said she had a heart failure. I guess her heart couldnt take it anymore. I feel so quilty! First I blame me for not force feeding her about 3 weeks ago, then my vet for not telling me to force feed her saying "She will eat when she is hungry" and me believing her! Last my husband for making us move and taking out of our comfort zone! I miss my baby, especially at bed time and mornings.

Hope this info can help save lots of Nini out there, please dont be so naive and think dog will eat when its hungry! If your doggy is not eating especially these little ones, tube feed them 3x a day there dog food! My heart has a huge hole, I feel so empty inside. I miss you Nana!!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I 100% believe force feeding can save these little guy's lives. You did everything you could...RIP Nini.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
This makes me so sad. :( I have tears in my eyes. I'm so so sorry for your loss hon. Nini is in Heaven and will see you again someday. God bless you. I know this is such a hard time in life. When I lost my cat I had her since I was 2, she died when I was 21 i hadnt known life without her. It was so hard, I just have to remember the times we had together and that her life was spent with me, no matter how short or long their lives our atleast they were spent with somebody who LOVED them and cared for them. Take care hon!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts